No announcement yet.

tire shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not all silicone is bad and will do bad things to rubber.

keep in mind there are literally thousands of different types of silicone's.

the best silicone based tire shine i've used is black magic gel. i used it for years and years. from my experience, it doesn't brown rubber or crack it. some other petroleum products will.

most of the time i use mother's fx. it's water based and really doesn't sling off. it lasts a long time, but doesn't have the shine of black magic. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I normally use Black and wet... Last forever!

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
      PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

I have always like black magic products, and used them
        for years. I have recently change over to Seriously wet. Because
        Black magic was out of stock. And since then, I have been with Seriously
        Wet. And love it !

:Back In Business...

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
          this is really important to any tire shines longevity!
          Very true, make sure all old oils are removed and your tires are clean before applying.

In the almost 4 years I've been detailing, my personal favorites have always been Meguiars or Black Magic.
          R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by RyderzUnlimited View Post
            I have always like black magic products, and used them
            for years. I have recently change over to Seriously wet. Because
            Black magic was out of stock. And since then, I have been with Seriously
            Wet. And love it !

Oh hell yeah, this stuff does work too.
            R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

i may have to try that wet stuff^^

i have this

had the bottle itself for about 3 months, still have at least half left, i use it on the moldings as well. lasts for quite a few days, you only need a little bit.

its real slippert, and it attracts bees or flies during the summer for some reason, it smells good to, i just put a squirt pump on top and its easier now to shine my shit up, just squeeze a lil and its all over the tire.
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

^ x2 to the that, can be brushed on or sponged on, yes smells amazing, does last a good while.

Side note, the US label looks different to the UK label lol same stuff tho.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

I use a stuff named "Angel Guard" or another named "Cristal (wet tire finish), both are the best, but hey, it's here in P.R. Take a look;

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=163055

Comment

I have never used tire shine in my life.
                    would it not compromise grip.
                    I never found that wet look as being that great or noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                      i may have to try that wet stuff^^

i have this

X3 , This thing is the Best . .

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by F22BPR View Post
                        I use a stuff named "Angel Guard" or another named "Cristal (wet tire finish), both are the best, but hey, it's here in P.R. Take a look;

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=163055
                        yea this stuff is good especialy the angel guard they used to sell it at the bodegas here but the stoped but we have crystal at advance autoparts now its pretty good but i like angel guard better

H22 comin very soon

Comment

the best hands down!!!
                          WHITEONWHITE

Comment

I used tire shine like once. I think it was Black Magic. After it faded away a few days later I never bothered again. However, when I applied it to my dashboard, it's looked real nice for over a year since.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                              not all silicone is bad and will do bad things to rubber.

keep in mind there are literally thousands of different types of silicone's.

the best silicone based tire shine i've used is black magic gel. i used it for years and years. from my experience, it doesn't brown rubber or crack it. some other petroleum products will.

most of the time i use mother's fx. it's water based and really doesn't sling off. it lasts a long time, but doesn't have the shine of black magic. later.
                              Indeed. When I was detailing we used some pro stuff we'd brush on. I personally use the armor all gel with the foam applicator. I put some on the tires of my prelude wheels, and they have been sitting outside in the rainstorms and snow for a few months and are still shiny. Seriously. Lol

If you want long lasting, any of the gels you brush on are gonna last way longer than a spray, just from the nature of the product.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                              Traded with: Cb7xChun
                              Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                              Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                              My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Cleaning the tire before applying tire shine is key to it looking good and lasting a long time.

I don't like super wet, slimy looking tires, so this is my preference:

It leaves the tire with just a slight sheen, similar to how they look when they're brand new.
                                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X