• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tire shine

which one is the best??

brands ive tried armor all, turtle wax and black magic
    they all suck and only last about 2-3 days

IMO , the Eagle One wet tire shine is titts. also it last longer if it doesn't rain.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Meguiars ftw!

Comment

I have also tried the turtle wax and black magic. So far this is the one I have liked the best:

http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G1312.../dp/B000EALHDK

Comment

are you removing all the old oils from tire before applying?

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
            are you removing all the old oils from tire before applying?
            this is really important to any tire shines longevity!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I use Napa brand silicone spray on anything black. It works and lasts more than a few days.

she is down....but definately not out

Comment

I use black magic tire wet. Leaves tires looking wet, black and glossy - better than new

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

I would not suggest using anything that is petroleum based. Use water based products only.

Anything else will dry out the rubber, and turn it brown. Then you'll have to keep applying the product for it to look presentable at all.

The petroleum based ones give the best shine, but are better suited to full show cars that need every bit of shine they can get... cars that will probably have a new set of wheels and tires for the next show.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    I would not suggest using anything that is petroleum based. Use water based products only.

Anything else will dry out the rubber, and turn it brown. Then you'll have to keep applying the product for it to look presentable at all.

The petroleum based ones give the best shine, but are better suited to full show cars that need every bit of shine they can get... cars that will probably have a new set of wheels and tires for the next show.
                    Hmm I did not know this. That would explain why my old tires took on a kind of brown hue after a while. Do you have any water based tire shines that you would recommend?

Comment

I don't know any offhand... I never really cared how shiny my tires were. My car isn't much to look at!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        I don't know any offhand... I never really cared how shiny my tires were. My car isn't much to look at!
                        Alright no biggie. It will give me something to look into lol. I will post back if I find anything amazing

Comment

I always thought silicone was ok for rubber. I guess I won't be using it anymore.

she is down....but definately not out

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 dohc View Post
                            I use black magic tire wet. Leaves tires looking wet, black and glossy - better than new
                            Black magic is the BEST BY FAR that ive personally used. the foam that CLEANS and SHINES all in one step is godly. no scrubbing or anything required. spray it on and forget about it. 5-10 minutes later you have a CLEAN and SHiney tire. as long as you dont have rainy weather you will see shine for a week and a half to 2 weeks with a good tire rubber. old tires or cracked tires that are starved for moisture will suck this product up in a few days. so this product also tells you how healthy your tire rubber is.
                            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Try scrubbing your tires with Simple Green and water first. Wipe dry. If the towel wipes dirty. Repeat the cleaning process. Once the towel wipes clean, then put on your favorite tire shine.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Working...
                              X