Offset help on 8" wide wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offset help on 8" wide wheels.

I'm looking at a set of wheels and the rears are 16x8 and the offset is in the high +40's...I'm worried I might get interference with the rear knuckle arms or rear trailing arms. Does anyone know if they will fit?

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Originally posted by vinbon63 View Post
    I'm looking at a set of wheels and the rears are 16x8 and the offset is in the high +40's...I'm worried I might get interference with the rear knuckle arms or rear trailing arms. Does anyone know if they will fit?
    im running an offset of +15 on 16x8's.... there is plenty of room under there for those...

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
      im running an offset of +15 on 16x8's.... there is plenty of room under there for those...
      Yes, but what is the rear camber set at on your car?
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
        Yes, but what is the rear camber set at on your car?
        he's talking about room towards the inside. i have enough camber to push the top in more than his would be in at all.

hence, there is plenty of room.

Comment

He's talking about interference with rear trailing arms/knuckles bro...Running +15 offset, you will NEVER have to worry about that problem Even with negative camber, distance between your wheel and your knuckle/trailing arm does not change..

Anyways, for 8" wide wheels, as long as the offset is lower than +50 (+48, +46, +44, etc), you will be just fine..What size tires are you thinking of running? Again, keep it lower than +50, and run 205 width tires or narrower and you'll do just fine..

Hope that helps!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R View Post
            He's talking about interference with rear trailing arms/knuckles bro...Running +15 offset, you will NEVER have to worry about that problem Even with negative camber, distance between your wheel and your knuckle/trailing arm does not change..

Anyways, for 8" wide wheels, as long as the offset is lower than +50 (+48, +46, +44, etc), you will be just fine..What size tires are you thinking of running? Again, keep it lower than +50, and run 205 width tires or narrower and you'll do just fine..

Hope that helps!

Ronald
            Thanks Ronald, thats exactly the info I was looking for! As for tires size, I would be planning on going with the standard 205-50/16 set-up, so thanks for that advice too. I know that even a pair of small spacers for the rear could have done the trick, but I'm glad that they wont be needed. Anyways, thanks again guys!

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

the only thing you have to worry about with the higher offset is the tire hitting the knuckle. try to stay 45 or lower.
              MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Working...
              X