Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alignment. Is it worth trying to do myself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alignment. Is it worth trying to do myself?

A friend once told me "If you can count threads, you can align your wheels." I don't really know exactly what's involved with alignment, so I don't know how true this is. Is it really something I could do myself? Or is it worth the $50 or so that I would spend to have it done professionally?

I'm going to have it done for me soon (when I have my brakes and axles replaced) but for future reference...

Yeah, and usually you can find somewhere to do them for 100 for like 3 year unlimited... which is a really good deal. I ended up doing the same thing, except it was like 90, and then they started giving me problems, and had super crappy service... so i got like 15 alignments for free. :-D But I saw Firestone had lifetime unlimited alignments...might be something to check into.

If your car is lowered a bit, try and find a ground level ones, sometimes regular ones wont work. Or if you find some kind of car shop that works on cars they are better because I had to show the people how to adjust a camber kit, and what it did... serious grease monkeys.

Comment

Cool. I'll only be lowering my car a little (Eibach Pro-Kit) so it shouldn't make that much of a difference.

Thanks! I figured if it was easy, a shop wouldn't get away with charging so much for it!

Comment

Working...
      X