i have a bubble in my tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a bubble in my tire

I remember when i was smaller and my father's truck would get one of these "bubbles" he'll change the tire asap, idk why.

Now my question is, should i be worried about this "bubble"!? should my tire be changed!? (which i really don't wanna do cuz it's quite new) does it really matter if they're in the front or rear?

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Depending on the size, its not DIRE, but id work on putting a new one on there ASAP.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

That "bubble" is your tires tread seperating from the core...

Replace ASAP.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

It is "dire", the tread is delaminating. It may get no worse for weeks, but equally the tyre can fail at any time. Change it now, before you drive the car again...

Tyres usually have a pro-rata guarantee, so in your place I'd be taking it back to whom I purchased it from.
        Regards from Oz,
        John.

Comment

yes...it means air which is inside the tire is pushing OUT to the outside of the tire and beyond...that bubble can only take so much pressure...and not much at all before pop! and now your on the side of the road. I don't see catastrophic failure but it will deflate pretty quickly, VERY quickly...I would think.

Make sure your spare is aired up and go get it changed asap
          ____

Comment

Originally posted by johnl View Post
            It is "dire", the tread is delaminating. It may get no worse for weeks, but equally the tyre can fail at any time. Change it now, before you drive the car again...

Tyres usually have a pro-rata guarantee, so in your place I'd be taking it back to whom I purchased it from.
            word...but i purchased them of craigslist...FAIL for me, you win some but not all. lol

i guess i'll replace it then, thanx pplz

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

Replace NOW, ask questions LATER!!!

Comment

yeah hopefully you replaced them already. But basically, thats when the steel belts come separated from the tire and thats basically the worst defect you can have on a tire because its pretty much unpredictable on when its going to blow up. I've seen tires like that cause MUCH more damage then its worth just to replace the tire. They can shred fender liners, dent up fenders ruin suspension parts, etc. when they blow. Imagine what they could do to your control of the car when they randomly blow going 80mph on the freeway.

So the safe bet and the ONLY option would be to get rid of that tire and install a new one.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                  I don't see catastrophic failure but it will deflate pretty quickly, VERY quickly...I would think.
                  That's at least one definition of catastrophic failure...
                  Regards from Oz,
                  John.

Comment

Ive gotten a bubble before. my tire blew the next day while it was parked

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                      Ive gotten a bubble before. my tire blew the next day while it was parked
                      ive got a bubble in my sidewall hasnt blown cause its thick and i havent driven it lol

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                      1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread
                      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by johnl View Post
                        That's at least one definition of catastrophic failure...
                        HA HA...true true...I'll clarify, meant it would deflate in a manner in which he wouldn't lose control but would realize something was up and would have to pull over vs deflating over 24+hrs or while in wal mart
                        ____

Comment

i have a had a bubble in my stock tires for about 6 or 7 months now (dont drive on it anymore tread is bad and im ridding my 18's) but i havent had a problem out of it. yes some may say im lucky but i drive the car hard and it was on the front and its actually still there but its sitting in my garage with bad tread (damn camber and toe being off)
                          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Working...
                          X