Need PERSONAL reviews on 15" tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need PERSONAL reviews on 15" tires

I'm in the market for some new tires. I don't want any cheap tire, nor a super expensive one. I'd like a tire in the 70-90 dollar range that can handle damn well on the twisties. Wet traction isn't too important as I don't ever do crazy shit in the rain.
    I LOVE the Riken Raptor ZR but they're not made in 15". None I could find anyways.

I've had experience with Falken zeix 512 and Hankook K106. The Hankooks absolutely sucked ass. Worst tires ever. The zeix were nice but could use a stiffer side wall.

I prefer something in 205/55/15, but will do 60 series if thats whats available.

I'd like to hear everyones PERSONAL experiences and reviews with their 15" tires.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Don't get Kumho Solus tires. I have some on my Sawblades. They have mediocre dry traction, and terrible wet traction, but oddly enough, they did OK in the snow. I paid $73/pc for them.

My BFGoodrich Traction T/As, on the other hand, ride super stiff compared to the Kumhos, had AWESOME dry traction (I had a lot less understeering under most conditions, compared to the Kumhos). Wet traction was decent, snow sucked. The treadlife kind of sucked, as well as noise, but I found them well worth it. If you can tolerate the super stiff sidewalls, I'd spring for some. They are, however, slightly more expensive.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

i hear that ziex 912s are a lot better than the old 512s, but the short life is still there.

Comment

Try the BFG G force sport. They make them in that size and all I can say is they're pretty awesome. I've got them on my car right now, in 17s and they grip predictably and have good treadwear (i'm at 22K miles w/ 4/32nds left). You'll prob. get better treadwear since I've got Z Rated ones vs the V rated ones that that size calls for. Discount tire wants $92 a piece.

they even make them in a 195/55R15 which are slightly cheaper but not much, $90/piece

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I'm rollin on yokohama s-drives 205/55's and I like 'em. Check em out, I don't know about autox'n with them, but they do great on street twisties.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
            i hear that ziex 912s are a lot better than the old 512s, but the short life is still there.
            Yeah, I was wondering about those. I was pretty satisfied with my 512's and tread wear wasn't all that bad imo. 83/tire at discount.

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
            Try the BFG G force sport. They make them in that size and all I can say is they're pretty awesome. I've got them on my car right now, in 17s and they grip predictably and have good treadwear (i'm at 22K miles w/ 4/32nds left). You'll prob. get better treadwear since I've got Z Rated ones vs the V rated ones that that size calls for. Discount tire wants $92 a piece.

they even make them in a 195/55R15 which are slightly cheaper but not much, $90/piece
            tirerack.com says 73+shipping for some 205/55/15 on the G Forces. After talking to G-Man, I think those are the ones I'll go with. But we'll see, it's going to be a while before I actually buy them.
            Last edited by d112crzy; 04-23-2009, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post

do you have a camber kit? 22k? good lord.

I'm barely creeping 12k on my yokohama es100s and i'm at 2-3/32nds. I'm upgrading to s-drives soon though. :]

Comment

Bridgestone Potenza G009; I had 16" ones and they handle the dry like crazy; very good in wet; quiet; very solid sidewall; durable;

they can easily keep up with an upgraded suspension system.

DEVOTE

Comment

Those are out of my price range.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                    do you have a camber kit? 22k? good lord.

I'm barely creeping 12k on my yokohama es100s and i'm at 2-3/32nds. I'm upgrading to s-drives soon though. :]
                    Yeah i've got a Progress Anchor type camber kit front and rear. Rotate every 5K and keep the pressure at 35 psi all the way around. Even on the tires before, Fuzion ZRi's I got 25K outta those. I don't drive like a grandma either lol.

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I previously had the BF Goodrich Traction T/A 195/60 R15 and I liked the ride quality overall. They were in your price range, rated at 60K miles, handled well for an all-season on corners/curves in the dry, had good wet traction and did as expected in the snow for having a FWD open diff car. My only problem with them was durability, at about half their rated life they started to crack between treads (in the grooves).

I now have Falken Ziex 912 195/60 R15 and it has decent ride quality overall, inferior to the above IMO. It is in your price range, rated at 60K miles, does not handle as well in dry curves/corners compared to BFG Traction T/A, does not have as good wet traction but good-enough and OK in snow. However, these tires do exceed in durability compared to BFG Traction T/A, no quality issues over their life so far. I am at about 75% of their life I would say.

I have not had personal experience with BFG G-force sports, but from knowledgeable people I've heard they are a great bang-for-buck tire. I would have no issues getting them for a car like my white project.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                        Yeah, I was wondering about those. I was pretty satisfied with my 512's and tread wear wasn't all that bad imo. 83/tire at discount.

tirerack.com says 73+shipping for some 205/55/15 on the G Forces. After talking to G-Man, I think those are the ones I'll go with. But we'll see, it's going to be a while before I actually buy them.
                        They've got a good deal then. Yeah, those BFGs are pretty good tires. On the ones I currently have, I'm experiencing no dry rot whatsoever and I live in the hottest place in the country, pretty much. They're about 2 yrs old, I'm gonna need to replace them soon though. I also was thinking about doing those BFG G Force Super Sports. They're an all season version of the BFG G Force but have a slightly better treadwear rating of 400 vs only 340 for the regular G forces, yet they're still ZR rated. So I'm thinking about those right now.

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                          I'm in the market for some new tires. I don't want any cheap tire, nor a super expensive one. I'd like a tire in the 70-90 dollar range that can handle damn well on the twisties. Wet traction isn't too important as I don't ever do crazy shit in the rain.
                          I LOVE the Riken Raptor ZR but they're not made in 15". None I could find anyways.

I've had experience with Falken zeix 512 and Hankook K106. The Hankooks absolutely sucked ass. Worst tires ever. The zeix were nice but could use a stiffer side wall.

I prefer something in 205/55/15, but will do 60 series if thats whats available.

I'd like to hear everyones PERSONAL experiences and reviews with their 15" tires.
                          For the money, I would consider the Hankook R-S2 Z212. Great tire. Incredibly sticky for the money. I don't know much about their other tires, but I know those ones have some good grip. Decent as far as road tires go.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                            For the money, I would consider the Hankook R-S2 Z212. Great tire. Incredibly sticky for the money. I don't know much about their other tires, but I know those ones have some good grip. Decent as far as road tires go.
                            Really? Everything I hear about them, and watching competition times, they suck. Sloppy sidewalls as well.
                            Gary A.K.A. Carter
                            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I definitely don't want a sloppy sidewall. Either way, I can't find any 55 or 60 series in 15" diameter for that tire. That, and the price looks to be too high for me.

Keep the reviews coming guys. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X