Installing new rear disc and pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing new rear disc and pads

I have a 92 ex coupe and was wondering how hard it is to change the rear disc and pads. I heard that it is only the two screws in the disc and the disc just falls off. I have read the haynes manual and the way the describe some crap in there seems confusing as hell. So if anyone could help me out with some directions on how to take the pads and discs off then obviously install is same in reverse. The reason i am doing it myself is because i am saving over $150. So any help or advice can help, and some directions. I have looked and searched on the forum and havent found anything. Just conversions and removing front.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
    So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Please someone help

I need help with this one guys...all i need is a bit of instruction...i heard it was easy but still need some...ex rear disc removal and install and pad removal and install....anyone...PLEASE

So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Well, first you'll have to get the caliper off of there. There's two bolts at the top of it behind some rubber boots that shouldn't be hard to get off.

Once those are off, you'll need to take the caliper bracket off. I had to take my whole knuckle to a shop and get them to hit them with an impact wrench, so if you've got an electric drill and adapters then you should be ok. These bolts are easy to find...caliper bracket is what holds the caliper in...if you can't find them I'll take a picture for you but really....how hard can it be?

Once those are off, there should be two screws on the rotor. They will more than likely be hard as hell to get out. Again, a power drill helps! Once those screws are off, just yank on the rotor and change it.

You should be able to figure out changing the pads from there.Kinda common sense.

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
      2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

rotors and pads

Hey thanks, i had started without a manual in hand to see how far i could get and i had taken these two bolts of from this metal arm thing hangin down...when i did that the calper seemed to be loose but could get to this last bolt...i also dont have impact gun or anything of that nature. also will liquid wrench crap help get those screws off...i am getting my manual back soon i hope. its in my roommates car...but thanks for all ur help.

Comment

Liquid wrench will help some...spray those bolts VERY generously with that stuff. Also you might try finding a long pipe to go on the end of your ratchet...just to give you some more leverage.

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
          2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

Working...
          X