91 ex rear drum brake question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 ex rear drum brake question.

ok tommorrow (sunday).i am finally replacing my rear lower control arm.also known as the "trailing arm".i know i have been saying i am gonna get around to it but its finally time.the reason i could not accomplish this before is because i was unsure of how to disasemble the drum.i have to take apart the brakes because theebrake cable runs through the trailing arm.so the rear brakes have to be taken apart to remove the ebrake cable.now last time i tries this ihad the ebrake on.(stupid).thats probably whyi could not take the drum off right because the pads were pressed?right?so tommorrow i am doing this.i dont have much experience with rear drum brakes but i have done many sets on older american fords.and theres many springs,clips etc.so i should probably be able to do my accords right?i just want to be able to finish this stupid control arm.i cant stand that clanking sound anymore,the bushings are shot.so basically the problem i have been having is removing the ebrake line.i just want to be sure that i know i can take apart the rear brakeswithout much problem.let me know if ya have any advice.i have needle nose pliers for the srings,clips,and i have all the tools.my chiltons should help to but if ya have any advice,its much appreciated.thanks.

you dont have to take apart the whole braking system in the back to get the rear thing off. u just have to remove the parking brake cable.

now when u take off the drum HOPEFULLY also leave the ebrake disenguaged. you will see the 2 pads and stuff. spray with some brake cleaner.

then look towards the bottom of the left bad, u may find the ebrake line...or u can follow it somehow to find it...i think its just a pin that holds it in place and its located on either the top and bottom of the drum pad.

but you dont have to remove the whole braking system.

if u do remove the brakes u have to really remember how it goes back into place, drums is a pain sometimes and its helpfull to have a shop manual for that like haynes or helms or chiltons how ever you call it.

but its right there, look for it...its there just pop it off and ur cool.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

k thanks man.i will do that.i thought i had to take apart the entire brake system.but if i do that i might just replace the pads.i dont know i will see how the pads look.thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X