Rebuilt Calipers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilt Calipers ?

I am putting new calipers on my 91 sedan, and Im gonna get them from autozone...I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of pads I will need with them. I am going to get AEM ones, but dont know if they should be the 90-93 w/akebono caliper or the non akebono. Its a USDM car if that makes any difference.

But im saying, would the rebuilt ones say that? Since they are made by some other manufacturer like Federal Mogul, or whatever.

Comment

Aero3685:

Got you on this one bud. I've done this before all-around on both our Accords. I have had good experiences with remans from AutoZone personally, just FYI. Your car is a 91 LX sedan, if I remember. Well, from what I've been told by AutoZone peeps is that technically you could have either or...you have to look to find out. Also, remans or rebuilt are still Nissin or Akebono, they just repair them like fizzbob7 said. You buy remans, then bring back your old ones...get money back (core)....they repair your old ones & sell them to someone else.

Here's how:

On the caliper Nissin will say "Nissan" > Fizzbob7

Akebono will have 1 of 2 symbols:

1) 2 lines goin up & down, making 3 peaks
      2) 3 triangles, like a mitsubishi symbol sorta
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

just get loaded calipers...they are 10 bucks more and they come with pads...thats the differnce between loaded calipers and unloaded.

i got some rebuilt ones from napa. they came with pads...though if its a nissin caliper make sure they give u a remanufactured nissin caliper....its bad to mix the two....o yea nissin costs alot more.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

he wants AEM pads in there though and they'll hook you up with Nissin or Akebono accordingly cuz they'll initially ask you that....unless u get stuck with an idiot

Comment

ahh..i didnt see that part. AEM are ceramic based right...
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

dunno but I hear most peeps like using them on lighter duty applications & work a lil better than stock. many like to use them on stock rotors too...so I guess it does the job

Comment

Yeah, I was gonna get the loaded ones, but I asked what kind of pads they put in there, and the people @ autozone said the cheapest ones they have which are about 10-12 bucks for a set.

Comment

usually the calipers....when u buy them loaded..they come loaded from the manufacture....meaning who ever made the calipers. mine are actually performing pretty good aside from me. unless its a loaded caliper that says autozone.

i had a 10 dollar pad from autozone and it didnt stop.

but here is what u do..tell them to have to look at the loaded caliper..then look at their 10 dollar brakes...see if there is a difference

i liked it cause it came with the pad holders as well.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Just bought 2 autozone front calipers. Brand was Fenco, price was about $50. It's pretty damn cheap considering other stores wanted $80, and honda wants over $100. Any one have any reviews on Fenco remans?

Comment

Working...
                    X