brake pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake pads

I was wondering if for yr/# of doors/and trim type.. determines whether the front calipers are nissin or akebono...
    im curious becaus i was sure i ordered the right pads until this morning... so help me

I don't belive it matters. I could be wrong.

Comment

It does cause theres obviously two brands,, akebono and nissin..

Comment

It does matter cuz this same problem happened to me...im not sure which is which but i'll check when i get home...i still have the ones that dont fit at home

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
        Originally posted by ACC0RD22
        no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
        So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

yeah, if i need to return em for the right set, i have to do it within 30 days so plz let me know asap
          by the way, yes i did get my slotted brombos and sport pads in today!
          hook me up tho arroz

Comment

I'm pretty sure the 2 and 4 drs are Akebono, the Nissins were used on the Wagons.
            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
              I'm pretty sure the 2 and 4 drs are Akebono, the Nissins were used on the Wagons.
              not really... i have nissins on my accord coupe.. to check just take off one of your front tires and check the caliper... it should say NISSIN for nissin obviously, and i think ^^^ for akebono

Comment

here is how u tell.

look on the caliper itself, the outer part, if u see nissin u need a nissin pad. if u dont see nissin and some other crap like numbers or a symbol its akebono.

it all depends on what braking system was on ur car.

usually when u go buy a pad, go to the store with ur pad or when u go home compare it, there would be a noticable difference between the 2 times.

plus nissin is more expensive, and akebono is less.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i looked and saw no names on it but did see some numbers...
                  i guess i will check more tomm when i work on it a little
                  i hate the fact that i prob ordered the wrong ones* damnit
                  anyways we shall see

Comment

it may be akebono...

what u order?
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

akebono

Comment

i got nissins.....

says it right on the caliper

I think if it's a akebono it's supposed to have some type of triangle......

Centre PA SCCA

Comment

^ yea something like that

Retro!

Hater

Comment

still havent checked mine, but Hopefully I see the /\
                            if not , im so glad i get to pay extra $$ for shipping to return and get the right ones.

by the way elchulo...
                            im orignally from williamsport, are you originally from around there?,. psu is like 30-45mins away from my house

Comment

so i still dont know for sure what brand my calipers are... all i see on the caliper is a bunch of numbers then an A(hopefully akebono).. haha but no nissin...
                              i replaced my pads before on my own..but yeah i dont remember, i do remember last time tho, that i had to take em back and get the right set..
                              anyways
                              guess we will just have to see when i take it to the shop

Comment

Working...
                              X