Please help a.s.ap. Need to decide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help a.s.ap. Need to decide.

So I am at buybrakes.com and debating what to get. i am looking seriously At the hawk kps pads with the brembo dport drilled disc. I need to know If this is good or not. Should I get aem pads? I like the look of cross drilled and yes I know they can crack so dont tell me that. Brembo does it the right way so I am not to worried. I just need to know if this will be a good setup or not b4 I drop a load of money on this setup. thanks.
    No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

My car has AEM pads, and Brembo cross-drilled front discs. They stop well. I however cannot compare to any Hawk pads. The AEM pads also seem to not produce too much brake dust.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

damn that i got powerstop rotors and hawk hps pads from tirerack.com pwrusr1 showed me the link i copped em and fell in love with it eversince. they have real good stoppin power

Comment

The hawk pads and AEM are some pretty good pads. Havent tried the hawk yet, but AEM stopped real well, and took a lot of abuse. *Hawk have always been my next in line to try since I hear nothing but good about them.*

Rotors, its all up to you. Its mostly for looks as I am sure I can warp both kinds just as easy as cheap autozone ones. I run autozone ones for ease of replacement, and of course, a 2 year warranty

Pads, I can justify the small extra price. But for cross drilled, you usually spend about 300 for a set of rotors when you could have gotten a set for 100. Not to mention, if you are looking to make an upgrade to your brakes, and dont have rotor over hub already, IMO that is a much better upgrade than some holy rotors

Comment

Yeah I really want rotor over hub but I dont have that kind of bucks. I think I will get powerslot slotted and dimpled, with hawk pads. Seems like that will give me the look I want and the performance I need. My rotors are so warped right now that stopping has become an event.
          No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

Working...
          X