Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to FRONT BRAKES !! the noob attempting..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to FRONT BRAKES !! the noob attempting..

I've bought my brembo blanks and I'm deciding whether to go w/ PBR metal masters (i have them) or go buy the OEM ones.? I currently am running METAL MASTER on my other car and they squeek a tad even with the CRC and OEM shims.

I wanna replace the slider pin boots and I"m just curious if there's anything I should replace. I will be doing the DRIVE AXLE as well so anything or any ideas? Anything at all, please let me know. I'll probably find out more when I get to it.

-brembo blanks
    -pbr metal masters
    -brake hardware/shim kit
    -new slider pins / new bolts

Thanks.
    hahahahah

i hear alot of good things about EBC brake pads... maybe you should check em out

Comment

cheack your axles seals on the tranny

Comment

With the hub-over-rotor...you'll be getting into it aight! PITA, and I have a 20-Ton press.
        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

nope. your list sounds pretty stout already. you have all the necessary things. i have never replaced the pin boots but it wouldn't hurt to do it. axles seal on the pass side might need a replacement too. have a catch can under the pass side when removing the axle. it WILL leak tranny fluid. use ONLY GENUINE MTF or ATF. my $0.02.

oh and don't forget to spray some brake cleaner when doing the job. make sure your caliper piston boots are not torn. when you push it back in make sure the boots fold in correctly. check your brake fluid level as well. it's the little things you should always routinely check. good luck and have fun!
          1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

good luck getting those rotors off the hub

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

DUDE! WAIT! I spent over $700 on STOCK front brake and steering parts because I screwed up a ton of shit, make sure you know EXACTALLY what you are doing. It's harder then hell, and a pain in the ass with the Hub over rotor.

Comment

ya that's why i'm thinking twice about it. i did a brake job on my other car, 1st time and it turned out okay. the experience was cool. i would rather get the parts i want and take it to somewhere. how much would it be about?

if indeed the caliper piston boot does rip, how do i go about replacing that particular part?

* will the wheel bearing be okay? i mean i rather pay and spend a bit more now to ensure myself the head-ache and trouble i might encounter later. i will be using brembo rotors, the wheel bearing (oem honda) should fit okay right?
                hahahahah

Comment

You would definatly save a TON of money doing yourself. I did my rotors and pads a few months back. Using our very own wed3k's DIY. I aint bad... And i too am a noob, but definalty make sure you have the tools and everything you need before getting started. No need to press them on. Yes the bearing should be fine, just don't split it in the process, then u screwed. I believe there is currently a thread in the tech section about someone doin their rotors and they split the bearing because they were pounding it out after pulling the 12 pt. star bolts. Dont do that. Good luck
                  PM me if you found this!!

Comment

^^^^^That's me. I totally farked myself. Dude, the place quoted me $300 for new pads and rotos, and a gureentee for like 1 year. Just take it in and have it done, or have a buddy who knows what he is doing come over and help. Be Carefull!

Comment

^$300 aint bad at all... If you check around and find some places that'll do it for that low then by all mean go for it! It is however a great learning experience and after you do it (if you do it right) then you know it gets done right.
                      PM me if you found this!!

Comment

^^^This is totally true! Now I know my steering components back and forth.

Comment

Working...
                        X