Cross drilled? or Slotted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross drilled? or Slotted?

I'm thinking about getting brake upgrades. Probably Goodridge steel braided lines, EBC greenstuff pads, and powerslot rotors. But which style rotors are better for the money or does it even matter?

people say the cross drilled crack after awhile. they costs about the same. can't think of anything bad about slotted accept they make a light whirling noise. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by colslaw87
      I'm thinking about getting brake upgrades. Probably Goodridge steel braided lines, EBC greenstuff pads, and powerslot rotors. But which style rotors are better for the money or does it even matter?
      search? its all about preference and WHAT you will be doing or how hard you drive?? umm that setup will do just fine for daily driving and some spirited driving.... there is debate over slotted vs cross drilled, and about the quality and performance of each. not to mention the structural integrity or cross driled rotors compared to slotted....

i have EBC greenstuff and powerslot "slotted" rotors...and i give

Sean
      F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
      Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Yeah, I'll probably get the slotted. I did that same set-up on a civic, and it was great for a daily-driver. I guess that's what I'ma do this summer. And I think I'm going to get some DOT 4 brake fluid.

Comment

Ha, what do you thank about slotted and cross drilled rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by NoTurbo
            Ha, what do you thank about slotted and cross drilled rotors.
            ha, search, dont thread jack

most people dont know it but performance brakes like cross drilled and or slotted will acually hurt ur performance on the streets. they are meant to be used for the track and up at high temps. thats why they are vented, to the let the heat out. brembo blanks are the way to go.

Comment

I have Cross-drilled/slotted rotors, they perform just about the same as blank rotors, at least in my opinion. They enhance your vehicle appearence too.

Comment

I have brembo blanks and they suck only had 8 months and warped. I will be soon racing in the scca/solo2

Comment

Either slotted or blanks. Drilling tends to remove too much surface area from the discs, and a friction system needs surface area.....the more the better. Slotting helps illeviate the gases, and drilled rotors can crack. That's what I gathered from a bit of reading...
                  1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

I have a couple of friends that have CD/S rotors they haven't had no prob.

Comment

buy them from www.buybrakes.com great prices

Comment

Originally posted by NoTurbo
                        I have brembo blanks and they suck only had 8 months and warped. I will be soon racing in the scca/solo2
                        id say you didn't break the brake pads in correctly or you didn't torque the studs down equally.

Blanks are the way to go unless you want to look flashy. Check any scca website and they will confirm this. Its really all about the right pads.
                        92 Accord EX 2dr -- G22 project
                        -5 Speed Swap 10-10-05

Comment

wow this has been covered a bunch of times...SEARCH!!!
                          The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                          Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                          Check out my JDM F22B swap
                          Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                            ha, search, dont thread jack

most people dont know it but performance brakes like cross drilled and or slotted will acually hurt ur performance on the streets. they are meant to be used for the track and up at high temps. thats why they are vented, to the let the heat out. brembo blanks are the way to go.
                            many people have slotted or drilled and they seem to work fine, you just have to make sure that you run aftermarket pads with them unless you'll have mediocre braking ability. I went through expensive OEM rotors real quick, because through hard braking they warped and in the end were not worth the price i paid.

I actually created a thread awhile back on brembo crossdrilled rotors (yes i know now that brembo doesn't actually make crossdrilled rotors), but they seem to work fine, and i get pretty good braking.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...o+crossdrilled

you just need to make sure when upgrading rotors, you upgrade pads as well, AEM ones are great or EBC greenstuff. You also might want to check up on the calibers as well to make sure that they aren't destroyed and that they are still working correctly.
                            Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Why not both?

I have the cross-drilled/slotted style and have no complaints. Actually, I haven't had the need for a brake pad change in 4 1/2 YEARS! The brake pads still have plenty of meat on them due to the way that the rotors are designed. I have read that some of you guys have had this style of rotors and have experienced cracks in them. Not me!
                              Last edited by R33cb7; 03-06-2006, 03:40 PM.

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X