brakes not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brakes not working

hmmm..i recently did a switch on my pads... now i put some abs fluid back in the main resevoir..but i now my brakes dont work....i also took off my calipers completely and painted them silver with ceramic...one of those autozone kits......the brake sensor is not indicating low fluid..and when i look in the resevoir there is plenty of fluid?? im thinking it had something to do when i compressed my caliper pump so my new brakes could fit....well this is my 1st time doing this...so im just gonna hit the store up and grab some more fluid..but it has a lot in the main resevoir...ive been pumping my brakes..and i tightened the calipers back down im guessing it has something to do with bleeding air out the brake lines..but im unsure....??

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
    im guessing it has something to do with bleeding air out the brake lines..but im unsure....??
    yep....gotta get all that air out, then you should be good to go
    -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

you um . . . didnt bleed them? . . . of course your brakes are gonna suck. any time you expose your brake system to air (except opening the resivoir cover of course) your supposed to bleed to to get any air bubble out. air compresses, brake fluid doesnt.
      -Mark-
      CB7
      CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
      Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

thanks..! im gonna go get another set of jacks from autozone...while i have my chick push the brake pedal...now i dont recall seeing bleeding brakes in my chilton manual...is the bleeder screw that nipple that sticks out? what do i need to loosen that a philllips?.. well ill take a closer look in the morning..thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
          now i dont recall seeing bleeding brakes in my chilton manual...i
          get a haynes manual. any time you open a brake line you have to bleed it. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
            get a haynes manual. any time you open a brake line you have to bleed it. later.
            thanks type G...i was thinking about your car last night when i was painting my brake calipers..even tho i dont like polish ..i have a new found respect for your engine....you should feel honored later.

Comment

get some pictures while ur at it. and yes the bleed screw is the one that TURNS.. use an open wrench or actually a wrench itself. i believe they are either 10mm, 12mm or 8mm i d k something li dat.
              hahahahah

Comment

Working...
              X