No announcement yet.

Rotor replacement Whos dunit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think this FRONT ROTOR thing is the most WORST for us.. if someone can do a SUPER duper THOROUGHT DIY it'd be cool i know wed3k did a lot.. but to really have one that'd be great
    hahahahah

Comment

i think someone did it already.

im doing mine again tomorrow, i guess ill use my digital camera...i can show some mods too..plus im bored =)
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

thanks please do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        hahahahah

Comment

well i did my passenger side today and ill tell ya that 13 year old rotors dont come off easily i beat the living hell out of the rotor to get it off. i tried the four bolts in the back and that did nothing. So i got pissed and started to hit the rotor and to my luck it started to come off. Got to do the drivers side tomorrow. Replaced with brembo cross drilled and slotted rotors and advance creamic pads.

Originally posted by Dr.x
          You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

Yea, I dont know how recently the bearing was taken out of the knuckle for whoever said it comes out easy.... but mine was in there for 2 years and it WASNT coming out, not with a slide hammer, not with an air chisel. Thats just my experience, and I was glad I had access to a 30ton press to take care it =D. You take the hub to rotor bolts off and get the rotor loose, but then its just stuck there in between the hub and knuckle =D What I personally found easiest to do was to unbolt the rotor, then set the whole assembly up on a press so that the hub isnt hitting anything, get the right size driver and press the hub out of the bearing, that way you dont have to take the bearing out, then just press it back into the bearing when done.

Comment

Is there any way to get a 13 year old hub out of the knuckle assembly?? Tried slide hammer, regular hammer, air hammer. Going to try a bigger air hammer and longer extension to hit the hub in the center of the knuckle. If anyone can help me please let me know. I really dont know of anything other than that and using a press is out of the question. Thanks.

Originally posted by Dr.x
              You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

Isnt there a Rotor-Over-Hub swap available for the cb7s?
                What cars are involved?

Im guessing CL's....am i correct?

Edit: Just found this...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=17795
                Last edited by JaK FRoSTWhiTE; 12-01-2005, 11:10 PM.

Comment

if you want rotor over hub conversion, there a 2 cars that have it. 92-96 prelude all models. 2.2cl,2.3cl,3.0cl. im not really sure on the 2.2cl. im thinking about doing this swap too. the best thing is to get the whole knuckle from a salvage car and use that. then bye new rotors,bearings,calipers. use the stock brake lines. prelude vtec has the biggest rotor. hope this will help

Comment

Working...
                  X