Rotor replacement Whos dunit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotor replacement Whos dunit?

Ok I am planning on replacing my rotors fairly soon and need some updated info. I was thinking I was gonna get this done in my driveway until I saw that our rotors have to be pressed on/off by a shop. Ok so I call a few places and see what they're gonna charge - around $380. Then as Im talking to a few more people they say that I dont need to have the rotors pressed on/off. i remember replacing my cv joints in a 90 accod a few years back and im fairly sure i pulled the rotors 2 do that job.

who has ACTUALLY had their rotors replaced? plz help me out!

they are definitly pressed in. at least the front ones are.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

ive nevr pulled the rotors to replace axles.

but yea, ive done it...just refer to the DIY i made
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
        the front ones are pressed in, they run on a spline. the back ones you should have no problem with.
        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

My DIY for rear disk brakes http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...332#post364332

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
            front rotor are not pressed on the bearings are just remove knuckle and the 4 10 point 10mm bolts bearing assembly can be tapped out by taping on the bolts that retain the bearing to the knuckle
            fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

Originally posted by hondatuner4267
              the front ones are pressed in, they run on a spline. the back ones you should have no problem with.
              no the bearing runs on a spline not the rotor come on guys are you that inexperienced with the cb7
              fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Comment

See now Im glad I started the thread...everyone seems to have a different answer. Im more inclined to try to do it myself but dont want to fuck anything up. Im pretty sure I did it on my 90 accord but it was a few years ago. gen4, did you get that diagram out of the chilton book? It looks like it should help me out, thanks. When I actually get around to doing (hopefully) the rotors I will post a step by step DIY.

Comment

Originally posted by Conspiracy
                  See now Im glad I started the thread...everyone seems to have a different answer. Im more inclined to try to do it myself but dont want to fuck anything up. Im pretty sure I did it on my 90 accord but it was a few years ago. gen4, did you get that diagram out of the chilton book? It looks like it should help me out, thanks. When I actually get around to doing (hopefully) the rotors I will post a step by step DIY.
                  no its a exploded part diagram from honda have many more hit me up if you need some different ones

R.I.P.

Comment

Definately thanks.

Comment

how are those rotors are they good or not?

Originally posted by Dr.x
                      You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

damn, id really love to do my own brakes, but what has stopped me is the whole pressed on rotor thing and my garage saying its hard to take em off. i will see maybe its possible.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by Dhsmokymcpot
                          how are those rotors are they good or not?
                          So far, so good.
                          2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                          Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                          1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

yeah i realize that know, it was a misconception of mine just like the uca and balljoint being one.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

its easy takes me an hour to do both sidees, but thats cause i do it soo much.

a good tool to have is an offset 10mm...that took works wonders to get the bolts behind the hub. once those are off and the claiper is off the axle nut (36mm) comes off and then the whole thing comes off. after you take the 4 14mm bolts off and then take off the hub and then put the new one on.

i did this last week but i lost my 14mm socket lol..so i had to back off.
                              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                              X