Should I replace my brake lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I replace my brake lines?

I have a 1990 Accord LX 4AT. It still has the original brake lines on them. I live in Fullerton, CA. I inspect them each oil change and there seem to be no sign of failure. But they are rubber lines, should I replace them with steel braided lines? I heard that it will give me better performance also. But I am more concern of age failure. How long do these lines last any way?
    Where could I find good braided steel lines that will fit our cars well and good prices?

Thanks.

Less than $90 shipped for Russell hoses. I would replace if I were you.
    I have reman master cylinder, reman calipers and Russell hoses installed recently, giving me a peace of mind.
    A&P-IA

Comment

Where could I get them for this price? Will these Russell hoses fit perfectly without modding? How long do these last compare to the standard rubber hoses? I heard that they don't last as long.
      Thanks.

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
      Less than $90 shipped for Russell hoses. I would replace if I were you.
      I have reman master cylinder, reman calipers and Russell hoses installed recently, giving me a peace of mind.

Comment

I drive 93.

I got them on Amazon.

Perfect fit. DOT approved.

Longevity on street use? It should be long enough. If rubber hoses lasted more than 20+ years, Teflon lined stainless steel hoses should last just as long or more, I'm guessing.
        A&P-IA

Comment

Would you have the links to what you bought?
          Thanks.

I drive 93.

I got them on Amazon.

Perfect fit. DOT approved.

Longevity on street use? It should be long enough. If rubber hoses lasted more than 20+ years, Teflon lined stainless steel hoses should last just as long or more, I'm guessing.

Comment

I did some searching online for you, but I am coming up with nothing for your model year on stainless steel brake hoses.

+++++++++++

This is the link for Russell's application chart I just found.
            Last edited by oyajicool; 06-13-2015, 04:11 PM. Reason: Link added
            A&P-IA

Comment

I did some searching online for you, but I am coming up with nothing for your model year on stainless steel brake hoses.

+++++++++++

This is the link for Russell's application chart I just found.
              Thank you.

Comment

It doesn't look like any of those numbers will fit my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                  I have a 1990 Accord LX 4AT. It still has the original brake lines on them. I live in Fullerton, CA. I inspect them each oil change and there seem to be no sign of failure. But they are rubber lines, should I replace them with steel braided lines? I heard that it will give me better performance also. But I am more concern of age failure. How long do these lines last any way?
                  Where could I find good braided steel lines that will fit our cars well and good prices?

Thanks.
                  Stainless steel braded lines will give you a better petal feeling and quicker response and there is a possibility that the 92 LX lines will fit your car because both came with rear Drums but what you can do to double check is go to your local auto parts store and have them show you a brake line for your car and another one from a 1992 LX and see if there is a difference between the two. If there isn't then you should be fine if there is then your best bet is to keep checking each lines as you do now and replace the bad ones if you have any.

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                  "2SIIC"
                  Authentic Jerseys for sale
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

This brand of brake lines only seem to be available online only. I don't think a local auto part store would have them.

Comment

I meant to compare an OE replacement line and see if the fittings are the same. If they are then you can order those brakes lines online.

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                      "2SIIC"
                      Authentic Jerseys for sale
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

I found these on Ebay, any one knows or what do you think about how well these will perform since I can't find the Russel brand for my car.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X