Has anyone every used Imego rotors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone every used Imego rotors?

I just picked up a set of slotted/drilled front rotors and Max ceramic pads for $63 shipped (eBay). I decided that since the Fit is nearing the end of it's service life for me, I might as well just throw some cheapies on there. I likely won't wear them out before I trade it in!

Anyway, I was actually very pleased with the level of service that I got from the company (fast shipping, contacted me before shipping to verify the make and model of my vehicle.) Everything was packed well, and in perfect condition.

I installed it all quickly, as I'm a champ at doing brakes on that car now. Break in period was quick, and the stopping power is impressive (due more to the pads than the rotors, surely.)

I don't have any long-term results to report yet, and those of you that know me know that I'm usually VERY against cheap no-name stuff... but I must say, so far, I'm very pleased with the results here. Granted, even though they're "performance oriented" brakes, I'm not doing any real performance driving on them.

So, has anyone else used them?

ooh those are the ones i got a few years ago and are reusing the front rotors on the h-car. no cracks no warpage I have about 30K miles on them, and have new pads this time, before i reinstalled them i drilled out the holes and cleaned out the slots and orbital sanded all the surface rust off from sitting.
    they work really well still. the galvanising didnt really do anything, the fins look like any other rotor now..the pads that bolt to the hub still look decent. Good buy way better then autozone blanks or whatever..the pads were really dusty though and didnt last too long, but i figured they were cheapies

Comment

Nice! Glad to hear something positive about them. I'm hoping they're good. Cheap and good don't usually go together, and brakes are usually something I wouldn't cheap out on... but money is tight, and these seemed decent. So far, so good!

I emailed them about brakes for my CTS-V, just out of curiosity. They told me to get back to them with my phone number... so yeah, that's where it stops. I don't like dealing over the phone. I prefer written records of all interactions. Plus... I hate talking on the phone in general!

Comment

thats a pretty good deal shipped from Canada. I do like the fact that the rotors are anti-rust. I might look into them for my 2004 Pilot. Any issues with brake squeal/noise?

Comment

Never heard of them. Good to see some positive feedback though.

Comment

Originally posted by PhatAccord View Post
            thats a pretty good deal shipped from Canada. I do like the fact that the rotors are anti-rust. I might look into them for my 2004 Pilot. Any issues with brake squeal/noise?
            So far, no noise issues. It makes a bit of a grinding sound, but I believe that's just the slots and holes. If I recall, my slotted and drilled Brembos on my CB7 did the same thing. No squealing or anything, though. Stopping power is much better than the OEM pads I used previously.

I'm not expecting the pads to have a very long life, though. Rotors may not last long either. Still, if I get 6 months out of the pads and a year out of the rotors, I'll still consider it money well spent! As long as the pads don't fall apart, and the rotors don't warp or crack.

The company has break-in procedures posted on their website as well, which I think is cool.

Comment

Hey Mike how are these still holding up for you? Just wondering because a rotor conversation came up and I plugged them..

Comment

Working...
              X