CL to CB - Rear disc swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CL to CB - Rear disc swap.

So, short story. I have a wrecked 99 2.3 CL, and a 1992 Accord LX. I'd like to swap the complete rear subframe to gain the rear disc and rear sway bar on the 92. My buddy was telling me the CL/5th gen stuff does not quite line up right on the 4th gens. Any tips on this?
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

If you are using the entire rear assembly (crossmember, control arms, knuckles, trailing arms, etc) it will fit but will add a bit of negitive camber since the control arms are a bit longer. It would also require you to get a rear alighnment since you will be changing the geometry. And in some cases it is impossible to adjust the rear since they seize up pretty bad, I would invest $100 in rear Megan toe adjusting arms. If you do gi that route expect the toe arm to fight you when taking it out. I had to use a torch to remove them since I could not jus remove the toe adjusting bolts.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

So it's the lower control arms that are a bit longer? Can this be corrected by an alignment or do I need the toe-adjusting arms? This is a budget project on a 275000 mile car so I'm only purchasing parts that are necessary.
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

It can be corrected by using CB rear lower arms.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Good luck swapping the toe arms, on a rust free CL I still had to use a torch to separate the arms.
          Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Working...
          X