Unplugged ABS control unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unplugged ABS control unit

I purchased another CB7 that was an auto to manual swap. I was swapping out my trunk organizer and I wanted to remove the ABS control unit.
    My ABS light has been on since purchasing the car, and I am planning on removing my ABS in the future.
    My question's are, Will unplugging the ABS control unit cause any issues during daily driving? (my ABS isnt working anyway).
    ...and 2., Since doing that, my ABS light is now off, but now my D4 light is blinking, anyone else have this issue? (remember this is a auto to manual swap)

I've searched the forum, and all I have found was a few threads about unplugging the unit, but nothing in dept, unless it was a thread about removing the entire system.

Thanks for any info given.

I took mine out after my brake swap. It won't cause any issues

Not sure about the D4 light

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

So I'm assuming that the car still has the TCU plugged in to cause the flashing light. You can unplug it and leave it out.

While we're on the topic of a seemingly lazily-done job have you verified that cruise control works?
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
      X