Good quality brake pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good quality brake pads

I'm on a low budget right now and I really new to get new pads atleast. When I'm at a stop, my car is slowly moving forward. So usually I just throw it in neutral (auto). I don't want to get the cheapie ceramic ones. But should duralast be good for now? Atleast to stop my car from moving forward

I've got Bendix pads on all four corners of my Civic and i like them a lot for OE quality.

Rockauto seems to sell the Akebono style pads for a '90 Accord Sedan for only 17 bucks.

I've never used Duralast brand pads before so i can't comment on their quality but the 15 dollar set doesn't really reassure me as being something that will not squeak.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
      I've got Bendix pads on all four corners of my Civic and i like them a lot for OE quality.

Rockauto seems to sell the Akebono style pads for a '90 Accord Sedan for only 17 bucks.

I've never used Duralast brand pads before so i can't comment on their quality but the 15 dollar set doesn't really reassure me as being something that will not squeak.
      They make stuff to stop the squeaking sound. And I've never had lower end pads make squeaking sounds. In addition, ceramic pads AREN'T cheap pads. They are actually better than regular pads at stopping the car. The pads you are looking into getting are actually the cheap pads. Just get whatever you can afford as long as it is from a reputable company.

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
        They make stuff to stop the squeaking sound. And I've never had lower end pads make squeaking sounds. In addition, ceramic pads AREN'T cheap pads. They are actually better than regular pads at stopping the car. The pads you are looking into getting are actually the cheap pads. Just get whatever you can afford as long as it is from a reputable company.
        Oh i know, I personally use Permatex's Ceramic Extreme brake parts lubricant that comes in a bottle with a purple label.

Comment

duralast golds are good. i got them front and rear. plus they have lifetime warranty.
          COUPE K24

Comment

OP- I just got a 15% off discount code in my email from Advance Auto,

"MC18"

That will knock of a chunk of change if you've got an Advance near you.

Comment

Thanks for the help but no advance auto near me! Only oreilly and auto zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post

I'm just going to get whatever you guys recommend

Comment

Originally posted by Peezdoutgelo View Post
                  I'm on a low budget right now and I really new to get new pads atleast. When I'm at a stop, my car is slowly moving forward. So usually I just throw it in neutral (auto). I don't want to get the cheapie ceramic ones. But should duralast be good for now? Atleast to stop my car from moving forward
                  Looks like pads is not even the issue here. Even with the crappiest pads on earth , you shouldn't be moving slowly when the brakes are applied. I would check your brake system for any air or leaks.
                  Last edited by ExplodingCake; 03-14-2013, 12:56 AM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                  1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                  2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                  2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                  2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                  2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

yah if you find yourself having to push the brakes father in the longer your at a stop it's probably the brake master cylinder.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Working...
                    X