Rotor Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotor Options

Im lookin to upgrade my brake setup. I would like to use the stock calipers if possible. What rotors/pads are good?
    R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
    My members ride page
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Rotora slotted rotors and Axxiss semi metallic pads...
    I pooped a hammer!!!

Comment

brembo blanks for stock pads

Comment

how abotu my setup for sale? slotted brembos with brembo pads
        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Thats kinda vague, but here goes. If you want to do a simple upgrade, slotted or drilled (some people dislike these) rotors are very easy to come by. Brembo blanks are also a really good option.

As far as pads go, be realistic and match them to your driving style. EBC Greenstuff are well known and people seem to like them. Cars that I have driven with them have had really good brake feel with very little pedal mush. Axxis pads are also of very high quality. There are lots of options here, these two come immediately to mind.

Braided hoses can also be an option, given that our cars ar 12+ years old and the lines have expanded over the years. Replacing them with braided pieces will give you better brake response.

There are a lot of options out there just make sure you go with high quality parts, this is a VERY important part of your ride!!!

Of course, I am working on something a little more "custom", but we'll see how that works out.
          http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

I'd suggest brembo blanks with axxis ultiments. that should be my setup soon
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

i was just curious how differently slotted, or cross drilled, or both, rotor behave compared to regular rotor.

Comment

i have drilled rotors on my car and carbon fiber pads. got it as a package off TASAuto.com for like 160, stock size rotors, i love em, brake pedal has never felt mushy, just had to turn the rotors after installation due to our retard hubs.....i hate them
                1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                4.0L I-6 2WD
                293k miles, still running strong.
                Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

brembo slotted rotors w/EBC "green stuff" pads
                  5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                  JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Powerslot rotors & AEM pads with Goodrich SS lines... awesome feel...

AEM pads are awesome IMO... I like them much better than EBC and Axxis...

Kind of wanting to try Hawk HPS's and I hear Akebono is coming out with some new street/track pads that are supposed to be awesome...

and I'm kind of eyeing the Powerslot cryo treated slotted rotors which I just heard about... and supposedly powerslot is coming out with a big brake kit... kind of like the AEM big brake kit... just bigger rotors and caliper reloacation brackets...
                    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
                      and supposedly powerslot is coming out with a big brake kit... kind of like the AEM big brake kit... just bigger rotors and caliper reloacation brackets...
                      They are/have been out a wile now. Here they are at tirerack
                      Little pricey, but they look very nice

*edit*I think they also have to be used with 16" wheels. Just something to keep in mind if you plan to do this.
                      Last edited by pwrusr; 04-07-2005, 09:10 PM.
                      ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
                        They are/have been out a wile now. Here they are at tirerack
                        Little pricey, but they look very nice

*edit*I think they also have to be used with 16" wheels. Just something to keep in mind if you plan to do this.
                        lol.. well I guess I'm out of the loop or something...

I was just passing on what I had heard... but a def for the link...
                        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

i wonder how much it is to cryo my brakes...hmmm.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
                            how abotu my setup for sale? slotted brembos with brembo pads
                            how much? dude?
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                              how much? dude?
                              ill give you a set of brembo cross-drilled/slotted and axxis ultimate brake pads for 160 plus shipping charges.

Comment

Working...
                              X