Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brakes acting weirdo when it gets cold outside???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brakes acting weirdo when it gets cold outside???

I've noticed this only happens when the weather gets really cold outside. When I am coming to a stop, the brake pedal pulsates. Almost like the ABS is engaging (I don't know, maybe it is?). Like I said, it'll only do it when I am almost to a stop and will stop doing it right as I actually stop, lasting about 2-4 seconds. I can also hear a fast ticking noise from inside the cabin at the same time. I checked at the fluids and bled the system, what the hell else could it be?

Its possible the rotors and pads could be so cold that they aren't grabbing enough so the abs unit things you are skidding. It could be stiction in the caliper pistons too from the cold. Does it go away if you drive for awhile, even in the cold?
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
      Does it go away if you drive for awhile, even in the cold?
      Naw it doesn't go away. It will eventually go away after the weather gets pretty warm, and even then it takes days into a week before it goes back to normal... But actually sometimes it won't do the shit at all when I am driving but most of the time it will.

The bullshit part about it is, it won't do it until the car is coming to a complete stop. Like I said before, it'll stop fine until the last moment it'll do that dumb shit then stop doing it right as the car comes to a stop. WTF?

You say it could be the pad and rotors fucking up and/or the pistons sticking? How do I deal with that? Get new pads and grease up the pistons?

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
        Naw it doesn't go away. It will eventually go away after the weather gets pretty warm, and even then it takes days into a week before it goes back to normal... But actually sometimes it won't do the shit at all when I am driving but most of the time it will.

The bullshit part about it is, it won't do it until the car is coming to a complete stop. Like I said before, it'll stop fine until the last moment it'll do that dumb shit then stop doing it right as the car comes to a stop. WTF?

You say it could be the pad and rotors fucking up and/or the pistons sticking? How do I deal with that? Get new pads and grease up the pistons?
        I think it would be worth taking the front calipers apart and checking the condition of the pistons. If they have somehow gotten scratched, scored, or otherwise deformed, it's very possible they could be sticking some.

Your ABS system may just be malfunctioning too.
        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Could be an ABS wheel sensor on the way out... but not malfunctioning enough to throw an ABS light...
          Originally posted by deevergote
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Working...
          X