wheel hub problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel hub problem.

Not sure if this in the right section so please move it if its wrong.

Ok so I'm doing my front 5 lug swap and I went to take the hub and bearing out of the knuckle the bearing feel apart and left this on the hub.

My question is how do I take this extra piece off? I was taking the hub and bearing off to go to the shop and have them pressed out. Was I suppose to take the whole knuckle to the shop or just the hub and bearing? What now?
    Sold to:
    GunRunner,mtnickel,SanJoCaF22DrAcc,sikz6,daovangph otos,megarock15,
    Purchased From :cb95spd,"sleepin"

Anybody have any idea?? Would lime to get this fixed today. Thanks
    Sold to:

Comment

Thats a common problem. Usually you can beat it off with a hammer and screwdriver. Or if you have air tools, an air hammer. Just be careful to not mar the surface up trying to get it off.
      COUPE K24

Comment

I was trying to cut it off with a dremel or at least make it weaker. I tried the hammer and it will not move.
        Sold to:

Comment

Either get a bigger hammer or move on to air tools. Its gonna be a bitch to get off.
          COUPE K24

Comment

A- find out what brand bearing it was and you can leave that part in and press the new one on.
            B- cut it off with a dremel like you suggested.

The pressed fit is EXTREMELY tight for hubs and bearings. You wont be getting it off without cutting. Best of luck.
            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
              A- find out what brand bearing it was and you can leave that part in and press the new one on.
              B- cut it off with a dremel like you suggested.

The pressed fit is EXTREMELY tight for hubs and bearings. You wont be getting it off without cutting. Best of luck.
              Dam not what I wanted to hear, well I got them from the jy so they ate probably oem still. Oh well time to buy some cut off wheels for the dremel.
              Sold to:

Comment

its probably a good thing it happened cause 1 you didnt have to pay for a faulty bearing and 2 you can still reuse your accord one of you choose to. =P

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

bearing splice and press or a oxy acetylene torch
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                    bearing splice and press or a oxy acetylene torch
                    What's a bearing splice?
                    Sold to:

Comment

I <3 G60.

Comment

might work but i wouldnt know where to direct you to find such a tool =P
                        if you cant rent the tool then it would be cheaper to cut it off as previously discussed.

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

still need a press to assemble...and i wouldnt suggest a hammer.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

cut a groove in it as far as you can go before hitting the hub then hit that with
                            a cold chisel, it should snap and then you can work it off.

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                              might work but i wouldnt know where to direct you to find such a tool =P
                              if you cant rent the tool then it would be cheaper to cut it off as previously discussed.
                              That's what I plan on doing.
                              Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              still need a press to assemble...and i wouldnt suggest a hammer.
                              Oh I'm going to take them to a shop, they are charging me $30 a side.
                              Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                              cut a groove in it as far as you can go before hitting the hub then hit that with
                              a cold chisel, it should snap and then you can work it off.
                              Yeah I need to go buy some.
                              Sold to:

Comment

Working...
                              X