NSX caliper swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any caliper works with ABS

ABS reduces pressure long before the caliper. It just works the caliper for you.

Comment

Yea i know but everyone put a 40/40 prop. Valve. I'm not sure but when you are abs can i change the prop. Valve or is integrate in the abs system??? What happen with the brake balance???

Comment

A prop valve is for non ABS cars only

So yes ABS cars are integrated into the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Le_Bucheron View Post
          Yea i know but everyone put a 40/40 prop. Valve. I'm not sure but when you are abs can i change the prop. Valve or is integrate in the abs system??? What happen with the brake balance???
          to use a proportioing valve you would have to remove all of the abs hard lines and replace them with hard lines from a LX/DX
          -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
          -1993 Accord EX SOLD
          -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
          -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

So what happen with the brake balance? I had the nsx caliper, hank hp+ pad, power slot disk, cl 2.3 hub, new ball joint. They miss new wheel bearing. I'm not ready to change the hard brake line... not for the moment...

Comment

Its just a stock brake balance

Does brake balance even matter that much if you have ABS? If you put down too much force then the ABS will do its job and unlock them

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                Its just a stock brake balance

Does brake balance even matter that much if you have ABS? If you put down too much force then the ABS will do its job and unlock them
                Thanks!

Comment

Well, I got a hold of a NSX caliper from another member to test fit on my car to figure out what we need to make it work on his car. I'm not sure if he wants me to disclose so I'll leave the name out for now.

Anyways, it never made sense to me why you had to do the roh first to use it as mentioned in this thread. I have the HOR wagon/V6 set up with 25T brackets. I removed the V6 caliper and the NSX caliper bolted up to it like OEM. The NSX pads were identical to the V6 pads in shape so you can use either or. No clearance problems anywhere, caliper seats and clamps in similar fashion.

So my conclusion is as long as you have the v6/wagon set up already, you only need the actual NSX caliper itself to convert. If I'm missing something on why it needs to be roh, please fill me in.

Comment

Originally posted by YK86 View Post
                    Well, I got a hold of a NSX caliper from another member to test fit on my car to figure out what we need to make it work on his car. I'm not sure if he wants me to disclose so I'll leave the name out for now.

Anyways, it never made sense to me why you had to do the roh first to use it as mentioned in this thread. I have the HOR wagon/V6 set up with 25T brackets. I removed the V6 caliper and the NSX caliper bolted up to it like OEM. The NSX pads were identical to the V6 pads in shape so you can use either or. No clearance problems anywhere, caliper seats and clamps in similar fashion.

So my conclusion is as long as you have the v6/wagon set up already, you only need the actual NSX caliper itself to convert. If I'm missing something on why it needs to be roh, please fill me in.
                    I believe that the ROH will make it easiler for the swap of rotors with lager diameter.
                    The thickness of NSX front rotor is 28mm and I don't think our stock rotor would work well with it.

Yes the NSX front pads are identical to some other models but
                    the rear ones are unique, and more expensive than the front.

I may have a chance to take some pictures this weekend.
                    Will do some painting on the center part of rear rotors and
                    put on the retainers and shims to kill the noise.
                    It's a long waitting for those little metal pieces to arrive...

my member's ride thread

Comment

Yeah, I was just talking about the fronts. So, you think having 25mm rotors using a caliper made for 28mm rotors won't work as well? The diameter of the nsx and v6 are the same at 282mm. Wouldn't the caliper piston just sit out a little more like it normally does as pads wears down? I feel the 3mm difference wouldn't affect braking until maybe the pad is worn down to 15% or so.

I understand there may be an issue using 28T brackets on a 25mm rotor because there will be an unnecessarily large gap between the bracket and rotor meaning less material for the pad backing to slide on but using the 25T bracket eliminates that.
                      Last edited by YK86; 06-02-2011, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by g7kobayashi View Post
                        I believe that the ROH will make it easiler for the swap of rotors with lager diameter.
                        The thickness of NSX front rotor is 28mm and I don't think our stock rotor would work well with it.

Yes the NSX front pads are identical to some other models but
                        the rear ones are unique, and more expensive than the front.

I may have a chance to take some pictures this weekend.
                        Will do some painting on the center part of rear rotors and
                        put on the retainers and shims to kill the noise.
                        It's a long waitting for those little metal pieces to arrive...
                        Oh no not 3mm's

ROH won't really help much unless you're getting something bigger then 11.1 inches

Comment

Originally posted by YK86 View Post
                          Yeah, I was just talking about the fronts. So, you think having 25mm rotors using a caliper made for 28mm rotors won't work as well? The diameter of the nsx and v6 are the same at 282mm. Wouldn't the caliper piston just sit out a little more like it normally does as pads wears down? I feel the 3mm difference wouldn't affect braking until maybe the pad is worn down to 15% or so.

I understand there may be an issue using 28T brackets on a 25mm rotor because there will be an unnecessarily large gap between the bracket and rotor meaning less material for the pad backing to slide on but using the 25T bracket eliminates that.
                          The thickness of our front stock rotors are 23mm if I remember correctly.
                          Before I swapped to NSX calipers, I had 2006 CRV's calipers on my car.
                          They're T25 and I was running 23*303mm rotors for about 4 years.
                          So, it should be fine to use 25mm for T28 but not our stock 23mm.

Here's a pic to show how it looks on my car.
                          Will try to get more details and share with you all.

my member's ride thread

Comment

You are correct that the bone stock 4 cyl sedan and coupes had 23mm rotors and 259mm diameter. But I was talking about wagon/v6 rotors which are 25mm and 282mm that were on my car with 25T brackets and NSX calipers.

Comment

Yeah 91-93 accord wagon rotors are 25mm with 25T brackets

Comment

thanks for making this thread. reading through it has made alot of answers clear to me.
                                i got dual piston calipers off of a legend gs coupe and i put 23T brackets on them instead of the 28T brackets they come with because im running 4g prelude vtec 11" rotors. the bracket is just for spacing and they fit the same cause i bolted them up in the salvage on the single piston legend sedan i pulled the brackets from. search function ftw.
                                frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Working...
                                X