NSX caliper swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSX caliper swap

So I've seen civics and sol's with nsx calipers and im dyin to do it but nobody has any info on it. Does anyone know where I can find this?? Im Doin brakes and suspension next so this is on top of my to do list. Plus it will look sick lol.
    I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

ive been wanting to do this for some time now, either you would have to source them new. which would be expensive or find them used. basically all you would need is the caliper and rotors when you do Rotor-Over-Hub conversion.

Comment

Get the legend fual piston calipers from an 95 Lengend GS 5spd. The pistons in the legend calipers are a bit bigger then the NSX.
      NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
      DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
        Get the legend fual piston calipers from an 95 Lengend GS 5spd. The pistons in the legend calipers are a bit bigger then the NSX.
        yea but the main purpose of nsx calipers is the unsprung weight becuase they are made out of aluminum.

Comment

I didnt not know that. If NSX calipers didnt cost near 450 I'd buy them
          NEW CB

new

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
            I didnt not know that. If NSX calipers didnt cost near 450 I'd buy them
            yea. i would buy them also but they are money. lol.

Comment

Yea man, the cheapest I seen them for was 300 shipped but they were chrome dipped: I have a daily not a hard parker lol

So I poted with the next best thing the legends 122 from my autozone
              NEW CB

new

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&highlight=nsx

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                  yea but the main purpose of nsx calipers is the unsprung weight becuase they are made out of aluminum.
                  Yep yep and I just my check made almost 1400 this week.....guess ill buy me a pair 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Dy2*STR33T-KING View Post
                    Yep yep and I just my check made almost 1400 this week.....guess ill buy me a pair 8)
                    its all you bro

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                      its all you bro
                      Why don't you tackle it too buddy??

Comment

Just for reassurance, I use the nsx rear calipers for up front because the motors in rear? Im pretty sure lol just want someone to say yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dy2*STR33T-KING View Post
                          Just for reassurance, I use the nsx rear calipers for up front because the motors in rear? Im pretty sure lol just want someone to say yes.
                          No, you use NSX front calipers still. You match the position of them, it doesn't matter where the motor was at in either car. The front brakes are always larger.

I didn't know NSX calipers were that expensive. You might as well get a Wilwood caliper for that price...yeeesh. How does the NSX piston area compare to the Prelude VTEC/ITR/Odyssey/Wagon calipers? Isn't it the same?
                          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                            How does the NSX piston area compare to the Prelude VTEC/ITR/Odyssey/Wagon calipers? Isn't it the same?
                            i believe they all use the same brake pads. just the design of the calipers differ. nsx calipers are leading, while legend gs calipers are trailing calipers.
                            both nsx and legend gs are dual pistons (gs pistions are slightly bigger?)
                            prelude vtec, odyssey and wagons use one single big piston

oh yeah, caliper brackets also come in different sizes from T23, T25, and T28 (mm thickness of the rotors)
                            Last edited by PhatAccord; 03-04-2011, 12:19 PM.

Comment

i was going to do this, but i got a set of KVR 4 pot front calipers for 250 shipped. for a while advance auto had reman NSX calipers for about 120 a peice

on another note, the new TL type S has 4 pot brembo calipers, similar to the ones used on the evo or sti. the mounting points are correct for our cars, but i never got one to actually bolt it up, or to see what rotor would need to be used. In theory, it is possible though.
                              Last edited by LoDollar92LX; 03-04-2011, 01:02 PM.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Working...
                              X