Prelude VTEC calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prelude VTEC calipers

Anyone done a prelude vtec caliper swap? I have a full set and was just curious to know the difference between stock and the lude brakes.

Yes, aton of people here have done it

Prelude vtec calipers use a 23T bracket

the 23T means its designed to be used with a 23mm thick rotor

Accord wagon rotors use a 25T bracket using a 25mm rotor

You will need to buy pads and rotors for a 1992-1994 acura vigor if you are staying HOR

If you're converting then we can get into the many different options.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=prelude+brake

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I actually got this all figured out now! I rebuilt the calipers yesterday and I talked to my bro.. I'm going to go with a 25T bracket because my brother has a set of rotors and pads for a 96 accord wagon. Thanks though

Comment

vigor

I thought the vigor pads would be the same, the only difference was the bracket and the rotor?

correct me if I am wrong, because I am ordering a set of ebc redstuff pads that are listed for the vigor tomorrow.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
            I thought the vigor pads would be the same, the only difference was the bracket and the rotor?

correct me if I am wrong, because I am ordering a set of ebc redstuff pads that are listed for the vigor tomorrow.
            Cross-reference the EBC part numbers.
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

always buy the pads for whatever CALIPER you're using

Comment

I thought that the CB9 the CCx (Vigor) and BB4 Calipers were all the same part number. I must have misread something somewhere, I have a set of vigor calipers, thinking that all 3 were the same size and part number.
                The CB7 Collector.
                Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                92 LX Coupe F22A1
                2013 Toyota Corolla S
                92 EX Sedan F22A1
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

why vigor

I am ordering the ones listed as being for the vigor because they are the 3000 series, made for slightly heavier vehicles, the only other listing for them I found was the 2000 series for the teg, which is sport compact.

Since we are a bit heavier, I was going with the vigor listing, I will try to cross reference more, but for some reason ebc seems hard to do that with.

Comment

Alright. I have a problem. I rebuilt what I was told to be are Prelude V-TEC Calipers, put them on my CB7 with brackets off of a 1996 Honda Accord Wagon/V6. Started bleeding the brakes. Did that. Took her out for a quick spin and the brakes felt 'loose' like the pedal was soft to press. So I brought back into the shop to bleed them again to see if it made a difference and I noticed that the piston and the dust boot seal had come out of the caliper. My question is why?

Comment

rotors

What rotors are you running?

The wagon brackets are 25t, so you need to also run a 25mm rotors off of a wagon if you ran a 23 mm rotors on a 25 mm bracket that could cause this.

Comment

What rotors are you running?

The wagon brackets are 25t, so you need to also run a 25mm rotors off of a wagon if you ran a 23 mm rotors on a 25 mm bracket that could cause this.
                        They are wagon rotors...

Comment

Thats why if you get 23T brackets then get vigor rotors ( if you are still HOR ) because vigors use 23T brackets so they have 23mm rotors

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                            Thats why if you get 23T brackets then get vigor rotors ( if you are still HOR ) because vigors use 23T brackets so they have 23mm rotors
                            Well theoretically the setup I have now should work fine. I have wagon brackets (25T) and my brother gave me brand new Brembo wagon rotors

Comment

Sorry to thread whore a bit but seemed liked the right place. I recently got Wagon calipers(17CL15VN) and 25T Brackets to go with them. If I do ROH conversion also, using 99 CL 2.3L hubs and bearings is there a 25mm 11" rotor that works with this setup or do I need different brackets?

Edit: So did some searching on other sites and it seems that there are no ROH 11" 25mm 4x114.3 rotors at least not specific to Honda/Acura. So if I plan on doing the ROH I will need 23T brackets and Prelude Vtec Rotors. Am I correct.
                              Last edited by Con25420; 03-12-2011, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X