Rear disc swap on a wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear disc swap on a wagon

A friend of mine wants to do a rear disc swap on a wagon. Would a sedan work for a wagon. I just want to be sure before we attempt the swap

Yes I search but I didnt find a direct answer
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

I believe you have to have the same parts for the conversion as if it was for a sedan or coupe.

Full trailing arm with hub/bearing, bolts, (sway bar not needed but upgraded), ebrake cables, calipers, rotors, and pads.

I do know the rear on the wagon is wider so you have to make sure you bolt up the rear trailing arm correctly.

cb7dazz can chime in since he explained it to me once.

Comment

I did this on my wagon and i got all of a 91 SE 4 Door. I got the trailing arm and the knuckles, and ebrake cables. All bolted up real easy no problems.

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
      Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

Thanx
        NEW CB

new

Comment

speaking of wagon whats the guyes on here with the camo engine bay pretty sure he also has disk all round too

Comment

Originally posted by 93blackcb7 View Post
            speaking of wagon whats the guyes on here with the camo engine bay pretty sure he also has disk all round too
            This one

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...light=aerodeck
            NEW CB

new

Comment

I used sedan rears. No problems so far.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Why did I sell the spare rear disc brake setup I had right before getting my wagon?

It's basically the same as the sedan/coupe swap. But make sure to keep the wagon control arms, they're beefier. And if you get a whole suspension setup (I sold the whole setup with struts and everything cause I was too lazy to take it apart) then make sure to pick the springs and struts that are in better condition. Or it's also a great opportunity to swap springs/struts since everything's taken apart

Comment

Wagon knuckles are different than sedan coupe knuckles. So you either need EX wagon rear disc knuckles or an entire coupe/sedan rear crossmember/control arms/knuckles.
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

heres the problem i ran into with my wagon

my wagon was already rear discs but i needed to convert to sedan knuckles to go 5 lug
                    the driver side is straight forward remove and replace with no issues but the passenger side there is the section on the knuckle where the 2 lower control arms bolt too, that part was wider on my wagon knuckle than the sedan knuckle so if i just used the shorter sedan bolt and tightend them up the one lower control arm would be crooked. i had to use the wagon bolt which is about 1 1/2 inches longer and make a 1 1/2 spacer so my control arms would sit properly. after that it was all fine and dandy.

that being said, i was swapping from wagon disc to sedan disc. you may not have that problem if you have drums

but basically the answer to your question is yes the swap will fit

Comment

yeeeeees thats the guyes thanks been looking for that one for awile

Comment

Cool thanx guys

Since we're on rear discs swapping. I have a problem with the lower control arm bolt seems smaller on my swap but when i re-mounted my frums to see the bolt was fine and reached end to end. My rear disc swap is off a 94 accord
                        NEW CB

new

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                          Cool thanx guys

Since we're on rear discs swapping. I have a problem with the lower control arm bolt seems smaller on my swap but when i re-mounted my frums to see the bolt was fine and reached end to end. My rear disc swap is off a 94 accord
                          seems like the ones you're working with would be better suited to the wagon. Checked the part numbers and the cb bolt you're talking about is 221mm long and the cd one (and cb wagon) came up as 251mm

Comment

Originally posted by 90accords View Post
                            seems like the ones you're working with would be better suited to the wagon. Checked the part numbers and the cb bolt you're talking about is 221mm long and the cd one (and cb wagon) came up as 251mm
                            It came off a sedan, I know that much the lower arms don't bend at all. Everything lines up to a T, its just that bolt issue. I'll take a pic tomorrow.
                            NEW CB

new

Comment

The CD Accord rear knuckles are wider at the base than the CB sedan or coupe knuckles, that is why you had the bolt issue. I ran into the same problem when I converted to 5 lug and had to go back and get the CD bolts.

It sounds like the rear knuckle from a CD sedan/coupe would bolt up correctly to a CB Wagon. The part number for the CD lower bolt and the CB wagon lower bolt might even be the same part number.
                              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Working...
                              X