Brake upgrades???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake upgrades???

I was just wondering what kind of brake upgrades you guys would recommend. I've heard of using stock rotors with Prelude Vtec calipers, I've also read something about Vigor full brake kit. I'm just a little confused on what to use and what not to use, what parts I would need for whatever swap and/or upgrade. I was originally thinking using either TAS Auto drilled and slotted stock sized rotors, stainless lines, Prelude Vtec calipers, and upgraded pads. Thoughts?

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Wagon front rotors and calipers. Done

Comment

I went the Vigor route. I believe the rotors are thicker than the wagon's. Either option is great though. But make sure you DON'T mix rotors and Caliper brackets wagon/vigor otherwise something won't line up.

But you'll need Vigor Rotors, Pads, Calipers w/ brackets and you should probably at a minimum buy new brake lines if yours are original. I upgraded and bought SS lines front and back since mine had over 150k on them.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

So you don't suggest using Prelude calipers? What makes the Vigor set-up so good?

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

The Integra Type R or Prelude calipers are nice. I'm using the Acura Legend dual pistons which are awesome. Unfortunately, I have not posted pictures with the caliper setup.
          600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

i got the vigor calipers with cb9 rotors, big dif here, i do wonder if the legend dual pisons will work with the wagon rotors

Comment

i wish i could change my calipers, then i would buy a new braking system from brembo....
              VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
              1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
              MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

So, Legend calipers will bolt up onto my current rotor? I would also need the mounting bracket for the calipers as well, correct? And would I have to do any modification to make the brackets bolt up?

Comment

Moved the the Brakes subforum.

Sticky in that forum
                  Legend Brake Swaps... things you ought to know.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

So, I just got done reading the stickies and a couple of posts in the forum and I must say.........I'm as confused as ever. There are a bunch of people saying that Legend calipers are bad because of the bleeder valve bring in the wrong place, others say it is good because all you'd have to do is take off the caliper to bleed the valves correctly. Others say NSX calipers are a great set-up, but they're pretty costly. Then there's the Vigor and the CRV......All very annoying when you're trying to figure out what is a good set-up. Here's what I want, a better stopping power caliper for my car that I could just bolt right up to my stock rotor. I will probably swap the rotor for a stock sized Brembo or another drilled and slotted rotor, if need be. Any thoughts?

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&highlight=roh
                      Allows you to use larger 11.2" rotors and Vtec prelude calipers
                      The caliper brackets need to be 23T.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by rocketman_471 View Post
                        So you don't suggest using Prelude calipers? What makes the Vigor set-up so good?
                        prelude, wagon, vigor, all use the same calipers. Its the caliper brackets that differ. One is a 23T and one is a 25T. If you're going the vigor route, make sure you have 23T.

You can't bolt these up to stock rotors, you need to get the Vigor rotors. I found some Brembo blanks online for 40 bucks each back in Apr. 2008. It was about 98 shipped if I recall. The calipers were 150 remanufactured for both w/ the trade in of a core of two JY ones. The SS line kit for all 6 lines since I've got rear disc w/ ABS was about 115 shipped. Then finally the Hawk HPS pads I went with were about 60 bucks at PepBoys.

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                        X