No announcement yet.

ROH alternative in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you saying this setup lets you use 15" rotors? I thought 11" was the max you could do?

Comment

Originally posted by kc8enb07 View Post
      looks like uve had this done for a month now GTSeviper, what do u think? i happen to have a set of prelude hubs and was debating on trying this.
      The Conversion works great sir. SOOOOO much easier to cut the rotors if I have....One Important thing to note make sure that when you get the machinist to cut the hubs down...cut it all the way do to the back wall of the hub..So when you do install the bearings it sits flat onto the back of the hubs...this way you shouldn't have your wheels sticking out about an 1inch or so further beyond the fenders

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
      Are you saying this setup lets you use 15" rotors? I thought 11" was the max you could do?
      No! the largest you can go with prelude is 11" vtec rotors...I'm not sure where I said 15" rotors. If I said 15", I ment to say 11"
      New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
      tsx retrofit
      f22b dohc boosted
      custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

Oh dang, I thought you found a way to do some HUGE rotors. Keep cool at 200 mph stops lol. like post 16

Comment

14in and 15in is what is names on the calipers...14in caliper stamp for the 10in rotors and 15in caliper stamp for 11in rotors
          tsx retrofit
          f22b dohc boosted
          custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

Originally posted by ZeRoCooLCB7R View Post
            I went all out and did the complete bb4 vtec front setup. Includes bb4 front sway bar, radius rod, lca, and knuckle. The only thing i kept off the cb was the upper arm. Did some grinding just to make it fit snug tight on lca's and radius rods. After that drove from socal to norcal. I can say it handles alot better and brakes well too. Almost for got to mention i couldnt wear my stock cb ex wheels so i took the prelude saw blades. LOL.
            Anyways good luck with finding a ROH cheap alternative.
            u should beable to fit the ex rims they are 15's too and have a little more clearance than the blades

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
            LOL i dont think any car has 15" rotors, not even land rovers

great job on the bb grind. personally i dont mind paying a lil more for something i can just go into the store and buy and throw on.
            Last edited by xkjnboix; 09-23-2009, 11:51 PM.
            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

So would you recommend this over the Acura CL swap? Assuming the prelude wheel bearings can be found cheap? Also, which prelude is this? Vtec, non-vtec, or does that not matter?

Comment

93-96 lude either should work...I got mine off of a 93 lude bb4
                tsx retrofit
                f22b dohc boosted
                custom gauges pods

Comment

Working...
                X