No announcement yet.

ROH alternative in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prelude vtec calipers...thanks to a member on here (clean and painted myself)
    93 prelude hubs (machined down to fit bearings $40 buck from dixe machine shop in savannah, ga) disk (14in cleaned and painted)...soon to be 15in
    acura 2.3 hubs...exactly the same as accords..I had them laying around from a very smart sales person who didn't know what hubs were
    Last edited by Gtseviper; 08-12-2009, 12:28 AM.
    New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
    tsx retrofit
    f22b dohc boosted
    custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

lol well if you mechine the hubs down, theres many thatll fit then

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

well I'm always here to help...I was just trying to minimize the amount of work need to do the change over....bolt pattern were perfect, spline count perfect, now all it required is the hub out diameter to be change and the job is finished. If you wanna go with the bigger prelude calipers..guess what...it's perfect as well...just get the calipers and the 11in rotors off the vtec prelude
        Last edited by Gtseviper; 09-23-2009, 06:11 PM.
        tsx retrofit
        f22b dohc boosted
        custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

glad your finding alternate routes...but getting your hubs machined? What areas exactly do they have to machine?
          ____

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
            I tryed using the 93-96 lude hubs. but they were too wide for the CB7 bearings
            Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
            glad your finding alternate routes...but getting your hubs machined? What areas exactly do they have to machine?
            if you take the accord or cl bearing and try to press it on the prelude hubs they would not fit--as note by above members--because the outer diameter of the hubs is a tad bit to big for the bearings...so machine down the outer diameter of the hubs so that the bearing could go onto it
            Last edited by Gtseviper; 08-11-2009, 10:38 AM.
            tsx retrofit
            f22b dohc boosted
            custom gauges pods

Comment

alright guys conversion is complete..and I'm sooo glad I got rid of this rotor style
              tsx retrofit
              f22b dohc boosted
              custom gauges pods

Comment

bump
                tsx retrofit
                f22b dohc boosted
                custom gauges pods

Comment

how much did you spend?

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

how much money you got....lol
                    40 for the maching
                    68 for the knuckles, disk, etc..could have taken the hubs only but didn't know (now I know how to do it)
                    I had bearing already..so that didn't cost me anything
                    Last edited by Gtseviper; 08-12-2009, 02:19 AM.
                    tsx retrofit
                    f22b dohc boosted
                    custom gauges pods

Comment

Originally posted by Gtseviper View Post
                      how much money you got....lol
                      40 for the maching
                      68 for the knuckles, disk, etc..could have taken the hubs only but didn't know (now I know how to do it)
                      I had bearing already..so that didn't cost me anything
                      not bad, much cheaper than the 300 for the cl shit.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

so did you have it machined to ensure perfect finish or do you think you could have done it yourself without a machine shop? sorry...I'm a cheap bastard...and I like doing things myself IF possible.
                        ____

Comment

everyone is cheap...here is the deal...you can machine it yourself with a crap load of rough sand paper and alot of time on your hands...buttt knowing that it was something that was going to be the main road contact for my car...I wasn't playing around with that...so I got it professionally machined to make sure the bearing fits tight on the hub...the amount of tolerance you need for the hub to fit the bearing is about 1in or so I believe...your hands will be hurting...you can..if you have a mill..put it on the mill and hold the sand paper one place while the mill spins
                          tsx retrofit
                          f22b dohc boosted
                          custom gauges pods

Comment

agreed...having a prefect roundess is best
                            ____

Comment

looks like uve had this done for a month now GTSeviper, what do u think? i happen to have a set of prelude hubs and was debating on trying this.

Comment

I too am very interested, I have a bad front driverside bearing and would like to upgrade to ROH and can pick up some prelude hubs for nothing, and my work has a machine shop.

Comment

Working...
                                X