Affordable Pad upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affordable Pad upgrades

Any decent upgrade pads out there anybody recommends? I'm still autotragic and I ride the brakes a little more than most when entering a corner in overdrive than you gear jammers

I have hawk pads on my prelude. I wouldn't say there affordable, at about $50 a pair, but they stop on a dime. I'd recommend them if you don't mind brake dust, lol, because they aren't the cleanest pads, either.

Comment

Any pads with a lifetime warranty.
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

What do you consider affordable?......To me 200 dollars for great brake pads is affordable....Im looking into getting EBC redstuff brake pads.....but the EBC greenstuff should be good for you....and they arent overly expensive

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
          Any pads with a lifetime warranty.
          Duralast ceramic, not sure about warranty but 38 buck at auto zone.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
          "The Turtle"
          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

14.99 brake pads work just fine for me!
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Just picked up aset of Reybestos ceramic for the front =47 bucks

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by alex22 View Post
                Any decent upgrade pads out there anybody recommends? I'm still autotragic and I ride the brakes a little more than most when entering a corner in overdrive than you gear jammers
                Try Auto Zone if they are in your area. I believe they still have the life time warranty on pads and all replacement pads are free for the life of your vehicle with your receipt.
                600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                  Duralast ceramic, not sure about warranty but 38 buck at auto zone.
                  x2 and virtually dust free

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

raybestos ceramic pads, Beck arnley rotors on the front and the wagon stops respecfully well.

Soon too come, 11" prelude rotors on the rear (drums now) and 98 camaro calipers . this should help with brake fade i would think

good performance can be achieved as long as everything is in good servicable condition, i can say that the ceramic pads take some time to seat but the performance after is better than metalic pad, only issue is the rotors get beat up pretty bad. probably need replacement when the pads wear out but well worth it.
                    96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

Originally posted by cb9wagon View Post
                      98 camaro calipers ..

Do tell. Custom?
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

no no no...lifetime pads are trash. They tear up your rotors too.

Think about it...SOMETHING has to give...your pads or your rotor..which would you rather? Your pads should NOT last a lifetime as they are SUPPOSED to wear!

Brake dust is not the sign of a poor pad, it's the sign of one doing it's job.
                        ____

Comment

I have "The Best" that kragen sells. It's for about $60 with tax. Plus I also have bear brake rotors that are drilled and slotted. Honestly I don't feel a difference but then again I never did a test for before and after. Overall the brakes work fine. My friend who owns a DA says my car stops solid compared to his car.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2620526 190E Mercedes Benz
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3065882 Accord Under major Repairs

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                            no no no...lifetime pads are trash. They tear up your rotors too.

Think about it...SOMETHING has to give...your pads or your rotor..which would you rather? Your pads should NOT last a lifetime as they are SUPPOSED to wear!

Brake dust is not the sign of a poor pad, it's the sign of one doing it's job.
                            "Warranty Excludes Wear"
                            The warranty is for things like shims getting eaten (this happens to me all the time)
                            Or occasianally those cheap brake pads crack and break apart.

Right now I have Nissin pads on the front and Carbon Metallic on the back...
                            Integra LS Proportionin Valve and 91 SE ABS Master Cylinder

It stops quick(given my rotors turn to mush)
                            Your man for wiring solutions!
                            CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                            CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
                              "Warranty Excludes Wear"
                              The warranty is for things like shims getting eaten (this happens to me all the time)
                              Or occasianally those cheap brake pads crack and break apart.

Right now I have Nissin pads on the front and Carbon Metallic on the back...
                              Integra LS Proportionin Valve and 91 SE ABS Master Cylinder

It stops quick(given my rotors turn to mush)
                              all I do is say they're defective. I've got autozone pads in the back, I've gone through about 3 sets of the "Gold" pads w/ paying for just the first set and all i do is say they're cracked and make some BS up and they give me a new set of pads.

But for the front of the car, I have Hawk HPS pads. REALLY good pad for the money, they do cost about 65 bucks but they stop the car really well w/ minimal fade. I've got an Acura Vigor brake setup in front, identical to the Prelude VTEC 11.1 inch rotors except its Hub over Rotor so its still a PITA. One way to go to avoid paying 300 bucks for CL Rotor over Hub conversion.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X