PowerSlot Plus BB Rear Caliper Relocation Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerSlot Plus BB Rear Caliper Relocation Kit

taken from www.vancouveraccords.com courtesy of EKOO.

P/N: 29-618
    Kit: Acura Integra Type-R 97-2001, 5-lug

I've had this kit for almost 2 years, finally got around modifying it to fit.
    This kit will work for those who have rear factory rear disc, or a rear disc conversion.
    This kit requires no modifications to the car, but requires extensive modifications to the parts from the kit itself.
    Once modified, its a direct bolt-on relocation kit and can be reverted back to stock when needed (ie, winter with smaller wheels, etc)

Stock:

Caliper/bracket removed:

Temporary removal of lower control arm is needed to take lower bracket bolt out.

The parts:

Disc hat needs to be re-drilled to 4x114.3.
    One hole from the 5-lug is re-used, 3 new holes needed.
    You can have it precision drilled at a CNC place, or you can trace holes from a 4x114.3 disc and drill it with hand drill or drill press. Since the disc is hub centric, holes can be bigger than existing holes and it will not throw off balance of the disc.

TRIPPY.................

Disc comparision:
    Stock: 10-inch
    Kit: 10.9-inch

Disc offset: --> correct!

Bracket modifications: --> "Cut n' Weld"

I sent this out to a CNC shop to have it precision cut to the correct length, then had it welded. This was much cheaper and easier than R&D a whole new bracket.

Dremeling: Courtesy of Derrick (ImportPride)

..... more material needed to be taking off the upper end of the bracket......dremelling = too slow
    Bringing out the big gun....

Grinding: Courtesy of Derrick (ImportPride)
    Last edited by 604_cb7; 04-13-2009, 04:24 PM.

Thanks to Ronald for the great picture.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

www.vancouveraccords.com
    www.esodraggers.com

Test fit:

Note the relief notch on the rear hub for tool clearance...... (Note all the fingers pointing to it.. )

TADA!!!

Bolts Modifications: Courtesy of Roy (ex-r-wagon)
    The bolts used to hold the caliper bracket required a bit of trimming. 5 threads were taken off and they're perfect.
    (no pictures)

Final Assembly:

Before/After:

Unlike the front relocation kit, all of the rear disc surface is used by the OE pad.
    I had Hawk HPS pads on the rears before. IMO, there isn't enough braking power in the rear for HPS to be beaded in properly nor enough heat for them to work in its operating range. So I went with OE replacement pads.

Costs:
    Kit : ~$400 (same as the fronts) forgot exact price
    CNC measure/machine: $150
    pads: $30
    My R&D time: priceless.....
    "There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's MasterCard"

Final thoughts:
    Considering that I had only the fronts upgraded, upgrading the rears balances out the braking of the entire car. Pedal feel and applied pressure is the same as before. The car doesn't "nose-dive" as much when hard braking is applied. The car's whole braking system has been increased by 1-inch in disc size.

Stock fronts: 11.2-inch (wagon or V6 ROH setup)
    Kit - fronts: 12.2-inch
    stock rear: 10-inch (OE or rear disc conversion)
    kit - rear: 10.9-inch

All pictures: Courtesy of Mikey (CB7) using my Canon 40D. Unedited/cropped by me. Re-sized by Photobucket.
    Last edited by 604_cb7; 04-13-2009, 04:33 PM.

Thanks to Ronald for the great picture.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

www.vancouveraccords.com
    www.esodraggers.com

Comment

Sweet, I have this kit for a BB6... gotta sell it though, wish I didn't have to

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I still love the fact that they're 2-piece rotors hehehe looks so good, I'm somewhat jealous

Now all I need to know is where that CNC shop is so I can install my 313mm rear rotors

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

wow this is amazing! I love this mod.

To bad my brakes were just done on my sedan.

The coupe could use it but its fairly new too

Comment

that part number you post is suppost to be a 12inch rotor, you posted it was a 10.9????
            MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

good shit man. i wanna go bigger but dont see the reason. i just revamped my whole brake/suspension front/rear so this is a no go.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                good shit man. i wanna go bigger but dont see the reason. i just revamped my whole brake/suspension front/rear so this is a no go.
                You don't see the reason for better brakes?
                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Great write up. Awesome stuff.
                  Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                    You don't see the reason for better brakes?
                    i do but just spent money on my shits dont see the reason to waste more money if my shit is fine

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                      i do but just spent money on my shits dont see the reason to waste more money if my shit is fine
                      Yeah that's true. I drive my car hard often and experience brake fade even with the prelude ROH setup, so in my case, bigger is better.

Comment

bigger is always better

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
                          bigger is always better
                          In most cases. Too big for the street and you'll have trouble getting your brakes to the proper temperature, like Ronald said.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                            In most cases. Too big for the street and you'll have trouble getting your brakes to the proper temperature, like Ronald said.
                            the material its made of has a big part in that too. they said there good for the streets, so

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
                              the material its made of has a big part in that too. they said there good for the streets, so
                              If you're referring to the rotor size of the powerslot kit, then yes. The lever arm is increased and thus a greater torque is applied. Larger calipers that dissipate heat better and larger pads causes temperature issues. The larger rotor with stock caliper shouldn't have as much of an adverse affect comparatively.

Comment

Working...
                              X