OEM Wagon brakes on 4dr Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM Wagon brakes on 4dr Sedan

ive been thinking about doing this for a while now. its cheaper than getting slotted, drilled, or drilled/slotted rotors and it'll still give me the braking im looking for. so got a couple of questions:

-what parts would i need to install CB9 rotors on my CB7?
    -can i use my stock calipers?
    -since the wagon rotors are press on too, can i bolt them right up to it?

if my questions dont make sense , please ask me to clarify them. JUST TO BE SURE. I WANT TO INSTALL 11" '92-93 ACCORD WAGON ROTORS ONTO MY '92 ACCORD 4DR SEDAN!!!! thank you in advance for your time and info
    Last edited by Shadow1; 01-08-2009, 09:47 AM.

92-93 CB9's have 13" rotors??? Interesting, very very interesting.
    RETIRED...

Comment

Originally posted by new_beginnings View Post
      92-93 CB9's have 13" rotors??? Interesting, very very interesting.
      yeah. ncoutlaw showed that to me. i saw his rotors behind his rims one day while he was down here and i was like "did you do a big brake kit or something." he said "nope. thats OEM 13" rotors."

best part about it is that you have to run at least a 15" rim. i have 16's

Comment

They use 11.1" rotors. But hey, what the hell do I know.
        RETIRED...

Comment

Originally posted by new_beginnings View Post
          They use 11.1" rotors. But hey, what the hell do I know.
          oh. i thought it was 13 oh well. i must have misheard something. lol. i have a habit of doing that. 1st post edited.

Comment

You would need from wagon setup:

- caliper brackets w/slide pins, etc & related hardware
            - calipers & related hardware
            - pads
            - rotors
            - transfer from cb7 (if good condition) hub & wheel bearing assy (they are same)
            - if your cb7 wheel brgs are bad, replace them now
            - replace spindle nuts & restake (or atleast reuse good condition ones & restake in diff area)

NOTE: Take time to clean & grease both of these caliper brackets/slide pins before installation. Also, install new rotors & pads now, don't waste time putting in used condition parts that will not last. Remember this is hub-over-rotor design, do you REALLY want to get back in there anytime soon!?!? Take more time to save up for new rotors & pads, if you have to, it'll be worth it!!
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
              lol
              that was helpful.....

dont post unless you have some useful info. new_beginnings did. corrected me on my mistake. thats was helpful. saying "lol" and the only thing in your post where your post counts will get you in trouble. please refrain from doing that any further.

Comment

I was under impression our stock cb7 coupe/sedan setups were 10.2 inches rotor diameter and cb9 wagons, 93-96 Prelude VTEC, Acura 3.0 CL were all 11.2 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                  Remember this is hub-over-rotor design, do you REALLY want to get back in there anytime soon!?!? Take more time to save up for new rotors & pads, if you have to, it'll be worth it!!
                  well i dont want to do the ROH conversion. i like working on my car, so it helps me to do it like that. so if thats not for the wagon rotor upgrade then its not helping. the wagon rotors are press on. i checked on that.

as far as used parts, i dont plan on using any used parts anyway. lol. im doing all new components when i do my brakes. might even change my axles.

Comment

I was under impression our stock cb7 coupe/sedan setups were 10.2 inches rotor diameter and cb9 wagons, 93-96 Prelude VTEC, Acura 3.0 CL were all 11.2 inches.
                    i think the cb7 rotors are 9" ill check. when i was at auto zone, the size for the wagon rotors said 280mm and 282mm. i didnt know how to convert that to inches. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow1 View Post
                      i Think The Cb7 Rotors Are 9" Ill Check. When I Was At Auto Zone, The Size For The Wagon Rotors Said 280mm And 282mm. I Didnt Know How To Convert That To Inches. Lol.
                      10.2 if memory serves me correctly.
                      RETIRED...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                        i think the cb7 rotors are 9" ill check. when i was at auto zone, the size for the wagon rotors said 280mm and 282mm. i didnt know how to convert that to inches. lol.
                        282mm is 11.1 inches. That answers your questions and confirms you being incorrect. For that, you get b**ch slapped by new beginnings and I. Take it like a man!

Also, you owe me an update via PM punk! Haven't spoke with you in a while. I know I been busy with our new house, etc. Things are less hectic now. I really can't wait for warmer weather to get back to work on my white project and get it road worthy!. Getting impatient here, I need to drive that thing.

Comment

282mm is 11.1 inches. That answers your questions and confirms you being incorrect. For that, you get b**ch slapped by new beginnings and I. Take it like a man!

Also, you owe me an update via PM punk! Haven't spoke with you in a while. I know I been busy with our new house, etc. Things are less hectic now. I really can't wait for warmer weather to get back to work on my white project and get it road worthy!. Getting impatient here, I need to drive that thing.
                          LMAO!!! yes sir. i shall take it like a man!!! i have disrespected the gurus. lol.

ill hit you up with an update in few

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                            well i dont want to do the ROH conversion. i like working on my car, so it helps me to do it like that. so if thats not for the wagon rotor upgrade then its not helping. the wagon rotors are press on. i checked on that.

as far as used parts, i dont plan on using any used parts anyway. lol. im doing all new components when i do my brakes. might even change my axles.
                            OK, Mr. T is going to get b**ch slapped again for these comments!

1) I did NOT imply doing ROH conversion. I strongly advised to replace with new the rotors & pads, so you do NOT have to redo your front brakes anytime soon on this HOR setup. I don't care if you like to work on cars, so do I. They are still a PITA & time consuming!! Especially when it is your only driveable car.

2) I also did NOT say to replace everything with new, just the rotors and pads. Replace the wheel brgs if the ones off your current cb7 are bad, otherwise just transfer them. If you transfer them, just keep the hub & wheel brg assembly together, MUCH easier and you do not risk damage to bearing.

3) Clean & regrease your caliper brakes/slide pins. Inspect your calipers for torn brake piston boots/sleeves and this part if needed. Reuse these parts, unless you know the calipers do not work. If they do not, then swap them for remanufactured ones.

4) If your CV shafts are fine, don't bother replacing them either, just transfer them. If you do have to replace some, if you have another good condition one, use that rather than getting remanufactured ones. Sometimes the remans are not rebuilt properly and require you going back to store to find good ones.

Comment

OK, Mr. T is going to get b**ch slapped again for these comments!
                              LMAO!!!!

1) I did NOT imply doing ROH conversion. I strongly advised to replace with new the rotors & pads, so you do NOT have to redo your front brakes anytime soon on this HOR setup. I don't care if you like to work on cars, so do I. They are still a PITA & time consuming!! Especially when it is your only driveable car.

ill be getting new rotors and pads. so far the past like 3 cars(with this one being the 3rd) i havent needed to replace the pads. just the rotors. no i know ill have the time and money to do it myself instead of some shop charging me $300-$400. lol.

2) I also did NOT say to replace everything with new, just the rotors and pads. Replace the wheel brgs if the ones off your current cb7 are bad, otherwise just transfer them. If you transfer them, just keep the hub & wheel brg assembly together, MUCH easier and you do not risk damage to bearing.

transfer what to where? its gonna be on this same car. lol. just getting new parts. the reason why i wanted to replace the axles is because this car has over 230k on it. and i dont want to take it to the track and end up breaking an axle because they're so old and the track so freakin sticky. lol.

3) Clean & regrease your caliper brakes/slide pins. Inspect your calipers for torn brake piston boots/sleeves and this part if needed. Reuse these parts, unless you know the calipers do not work. If they do not, then swap them for remanufactured ones.

will do

4) If your CV shafts are fine, don't bother replacing them either, just transfer them. If you do have to replace some, if you have another good condition one, use that rather than getting remanufactured ones. Sometimes the remans are not rebuilt properly and require you going back to store to find good ones.

once again. transfer what to where? lol. thats why ill be going to honda for the axles. thats another thing i dont trust auto zone for. reman. parts like that arent any good.

Comment

Working...
                              X