No announcement yet.

Brake Advice...if possible...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo that is prob the craziest OEM brake setup I've ever seen, BETTER than NSXs

Do a 5 lug swap, get the bracket made, rock w/S2K calipers and u should be good to go Trev... GL

*thought I was special*

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
      *thought I was special*

Oh, but you are...
      RETIRED...

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
        i like this thread its giving me ideas

RETIRED...

Comment

*S2K rotors I was drunk

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by new_beginnings View Post
            Larry,

1" master from?
            93-96 Prelude Vtec

Also Trev if you do that caliper you're going to be limited on what wheels to run.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
              Also Trev if you do that caliper you're going to be limited on what wheels to run.

Thought of that as well. Probably some crazy/specific offset. And would not be able to deviate...
              RETIRED...

Comment

U would just need wider wheels. Those look like Brembos. Def. need custom brackets, & an adjustable proportioning valve

Comment

I have no idea how the geometry works for those calipers. The TL and the Legend calipers fit on our knuckles, as I remember, but I have no idea about the RL.

As for rotors, R1concepts sells rotors redrilled to your desired hub size. I'm using those for the CRX.

i.e.

Interestingly, the far smaller (than your RL) Legend calipers had to be shaved to fit in the 38mm offset CRX wheel. My accord caliper, however, had roughly the same girth as the Legend caliper, and is no where near touching my 42mm offset rim. So, you hopefully might not need to go too crazy on the offset. Really the only way to find out is to start mocking things up. If you do need to shave the calipers, it's safe as long as you only bring it down a couple mm's

i.e.

Also, don't worry too much about the brake lines. Unless the RL caliper brake line hook up is really unusual, you should be able to use the stock lines. Keep this updated, I've been wishing on doing this for a while, too.

Comment

Working...
                  X