• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rotor over hub question

i have searched but havent found an answer to my particular question

i am trying to do a roh conversion on my wagon

now i know that i need 98-99 cl 2.3 hubs and accord bearings

but wagons have bigger rotors and calipers so what rotors do i use for the conversion?

prelude vtec

or vigor
    Last edited by slammed4thgen; 10-07-2008, 02:38 PM.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

^^^^ thanks man

Comment

your stock calipers will work. they are just as big as the legend/vigor & the vtec lude

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
          your stock calipers will work. they are just as big as the legend/vigor & the vtec lude
          x2 i have the stuff for sale if your interested. its in the classifieds you know you get a good price
          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Sorry, but which rotors do you use with the wagon calipers for a ROH conversion on a coupe or sedan? CL hubs with this too?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
              Sorry, but which rotors do you use with the wagon calipers for a ROH conversion on a coupe or sedan? CL hubs with this too?
              cl hubs
              wagon, prelude vtec, vigor calipers
              wagon, prelude vtec, vigor pads
              prelude vtec, vigor rotors ( i think there is one more kind of rotor you can use but be safe and stay with what you know)

edit: my 01 accord has the same calipers and pads as the ones i listed above
              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.

Comment

Thanks Slick

Comment

Thanks Slick
                  if you go look in the classifieds i think some one is selling the ROH parts

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
                    if you go look in the classifieds i think some one is selling the ROH parts
                    The CL bearings work too, theyre the same part. I bought mine along with the hubs off the same Acura site to save money.
                    1994 Honda Accord SiR Sports Sedan

“When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln
                    CD5Tuner - A Fifth Generation Accord Community
                    PS3 tag: Mechtroop

Comment

this may be a funny question for some but i will ask anyways. what exactly is a rotor over hub conversion. whats its benefits. i understand the rear drum conversion to disk but this conversion i'm not sure.
                      91 Ex CB9
                      JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
                      p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
                      Weight Reductions
                      R33 or R34 front end

Comment

Originally posted by flight50 View Post
                        this may be a funny question for some but i will ask anyways. what exactly is a rotor over hub conversion. whats its benefits. i understand the rear drum conversion to disk but this conversion i'm not sure.
                        It makes it approximately eleventy-billion times easier to change your brake rotors, since you don't have to remove the bearing/hub assembly from your steering knuckle.
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                          It makes it approximately eleventy-billion times easier to change your brake rotors, since you don't have to remove the bearing/hub assembly from your steering knuckle.
                          okay i with the guy that asked about this lol. do u have pics i dunno if mine have been change or swapped.

doing this will make it to where we can just buy a disc and throw it on in simple terms or no???
                          Members Ride sold...
                          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Yes. Instead of unbolting the hub assembly to remove the disc, you slide it on the wheel studs just like a civic or integra.

Comment

Yes. Instead of unbolting the hub assembly to remove the disc, you slide it on the wheel studs just like a civic or integra.
                              sweet that simple enough no pics needed now lol. next on the to do list
                              Members Ride sold...
                              I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Working...
                              X