Loud scraping noise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loud scraping noise...

...from the front passenger side tire. Means my brakes need changing?

Originally posted by BatmannamtaB View Post
    ...from the front passenger side tire. Means my brakes need changing?
    if that's when ur depressing ur brakes.. then yes. scrapping sounds can also be the dust plate behind the rotor, sometimes they bend and start scrapping shit. but i'd go with the brake pads, just take a look at them, u can see if they are worn to the bone.

I'd also suggest changing all the brake pads rather then just the one. (all if u got rear discs.. just the front if you don't) And when u put new pads, maybe take ur rotors to get machined, cus metal to metal contact is baaaaad
    -:¦:-
    Originally posted by wed3k
    i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post
      if that's when ur depressing ur brakes.. then yes. scrapping sounds can also be the dust plate behind the rotor, sometimes they bend and start scrapping shit. but i'd go with the brake pads, just take a look at them, u can see if they are worn to the bone.

I'd also suggest changing all the brake pads rather then just the one. (all if u got rear discs.. just the front if you don't) And when u put new pads, maybe take ur rotors to get machined, cus metal to metal contact is baaaaad
      I went to a shop but I didn't have enough for them to take off my rotors. I had to do it today because the noise was getting worse by the second.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post

Turning the rotors has nothing to do with metal to metal contact. You turn the rotors to decrease the vibration in the brake pedal when they're warped and to make for a more favorable friction surface when the rotor surfaces are glazed or scored.

Anytime I do a brake service on my car, I turn or replace the rotors.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

mine makes this sound also... only when im driving. i wen and just got new rotors and pads put on and it still does it!!! not as much but it still does it! ima take it back to the shop in a few days if it keeps doin it it is sooo irritating

Apexi|HKS|Cusco|Eibach|Bilstien|Momo|

92 ex-T sold
          94 z28 M6 sold
          89 turbo targa white package supra sold
          92 SW20 MR2 sold

03 Impreza WRX

Comment

Working...
          X