• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500 dollar range coilovers?

any coilovers cost around 500? i mean full coilovers
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

dont think so, better off spending 100 more and buying the neuspeed/koni yellow super cup kit.

Comment

ground control makes coilover sleeves, the springs are made by Eibach, thats what i have now paired w/ KYB AGXs. Great ride, cost 225 for coilovers and 400 for shocks

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i might just spend 150 more and get teins.
        miss my turbo cb7

Comment

omnipower...650 shipped.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            omnipower...650 shipped.
            are they as good as your teins?
            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

I would rather have taken omnipower over my tein. Tein is good for everyday driving. The main thing that makes me angry about my teins is the spring rate. They are lil bitch spring rates which I dont like. I prefer the omnis with a stiffer rate. Dont get me wrong Tein is a good suspension but not my cup of tea. The SS if you plan on looking at it has the same spring rate but a 1kg/cm stiffer shock. IMO a rip. Oh and it has adjustability but why would you pay up to 1g for a suspension for adjustability and a 1kg/cm bump in shock stiffness with the same spring rate. IMO a rip.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

omin's come with tophats and stiff springs for taking any corner at like 120+mph.

Originally posted by NAiL05
                I would rather have taken omnipower over my tein. Tein is good for everyday driving. The main thing that makes me angry about my teins is the spring rate. They are lil bitch spring rates which I dont like. I prefer the omnis with a stiffer rate. Dont get me wrong Tein is a good suspension but not my cup of tea. The SS if you plan on looking at it has the same spring rate but a 1kg/cm stiffer shock. IMO a rip. Oh and it has adjustability but why would you pay up to 1g for a suspension for adjustability and a 1kg/cm bump in shock stiffness with the same spring rate. IMO a rip.

im getting the tein SS' because of the soft spring rates for rally racing. oem ride height for full wheel travel ftw! be better of they were camber plates and not pillowball.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Even if the Tein Basic and SS actually came w/ the rates I really wanted, I would still not get them b/c they do not offer spring preload which is a nice feature to have. The Omni's do have spring preload and some good spring rates IMO

Comment

omnis is you like it really stiff. I dont think i would drive my car everyday to work and stuff...

If not, then do the koni yellow combo or function & forms if you can get them cheap
                    Last edited by Boost_Lee; 02-12-2008, 09:57 PM.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq
                    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

I dunno I am used to stiff suspension lol. Guess its from my friends owning 240s and such lol. But it depends on personal preference. Depends on the user and so on.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

im not worried about stiff suspension. i dont mind it at all. i want a nice 2in drop or 2. finger gap and for it to be stiff.
                        miss my turbo cb7

Comment

full skunk2 coilovers 504 shipped
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Skunk...spagenameZWDVW
                          -Xavier

Comment

looking at the omni power coilovers, i think thats the winner. now i just have to buy this legend and fix it and sell it, and ill get the coilovers, tire/wheel package, wheel spacers, prothane bushing kit, camber kit, front and rear st sway bars and ill be set with the suspension for life.
                            Last edited by quickangel93; 02-13-2008, 10:27 AM.
                            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Working...
                            X