Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock to full handling, what should be done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock to full handling, what should be done?

So, I'm running full LX suspension components. I'm planning on doing the struts and springs. I'd also like to do whatever to maximize the handling of my car (minus rear strut tower brace).

My current setup for suspension:
    enkei rs-5 16" rims
    contiprocontact 205/60/r16 tires

My goal: max handling + 2-3 inch drop.

My question:
    What do I need for max handling?
    What do I need for the 2-3 inch drop? I want to drop it to the max w/o much modification... no modification would be a huge plus.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Having a big drop AND good handling with minimal modification are pretty much mutually exclusive. Imo get a sway bar kit from Suspension Techniques and the Koni cup kit with Neuspeed race springs. Check out the suspension forum and see what other people have been happy with...
    Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
    Project 240SX
    Originally posted by chillin943
    anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
    Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
      So, I'm running full LX suspension components. I'm planning on doing the struts and springs. I'd also like to do whatever to maximize the handling of my car (minus rear strut tower brace).

My current setup for suspension:
      enkei rs-5 16" rims
      contiprocontact 205/60/r16 tires

My goal: max handling + 2-3 inch drop.

My question:
      What do I need for max handling?
      What do I need for the 2-3 inch drop? I want to drop it to the max w/o much modification... no modification would be a huge plus.
      my set up is 17" nippon f2's with tires 215/40/17 with ground control's and kyb agx's. my drop is 1 1/2 finger gaps both the front and rear. i'm running the stock lx suspension components as well. with the front stock sway bar and no rear sway bar. my car at this point handles great, not bouncy or anything. i can still hit turns at a good speed and it takes it like a champ. this is how my car sits as of right now.

if money isn't an issue, i'd prefer the koni cup kit with the neuspeeds and if you want new front sway bars, you should get the suspension technique sway kit (front and rear) or just get the progress rear sway as i heard a lot of members find that is a good rear sway. i'm satisfied with the set-up i have.

but all in all, it comes down to personal preference. it'll be a shoot and miss. you might try out what people think is the best but to you, it's not. so it's up to you. just research out the products and go with what you feel is what your looking for.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

If money isnt a problem go with tein full coilover suspension, with suspension tech sway bar kit and ebaich camber kit.
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Ok heres a good list to start with.....

Progress or Suspension Techniques Rear Sway bar (Progress is 1mm thicker)
          Neuspeed race spring 2.25-2.5" drop
          kyb agx or koni yellow (konis cost noticeably more)
          ES or Prothane polyurethane bushing kit
          Front and rear upper strut tower +bars
          Front Sway bar

If you complete this list than handling will be GREAT. If not then work your way down this list and in that order! People underestimate the rear sway. If you have no sway bar which you wouldnt if you dont have an ex then the sway bar will make the most night and day difference in handling.

Good Luck Man!

Comment

basically what its comming down to is, you have to have at least 1,500 bucks into suspension work to handle what ever you want to do at a 2-3" drop.
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Omnipower.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Skunk2 shocks and springs

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Get that stuff along with a Rear Sway (front sway if you really want one as well)

Don't forget about tires. They are the most important part. Who cares what your suspension can do if you can't keep it on the road.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                  Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Progress rear sway bar - 150
                    Neuspeed Race springs- 200
                    kyb agx- 325
                    These are ebay prices btw....

So 675$ to start.... This is a nice decent package assuming everything else on the car is in good shape ie ball joints, tie rods, bushings etc. if not then you'll need way more to start with then.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced
                      Progress rear sway bar - 150
                      Neuspeed Race springs- 200
                      kyb agx- 325
                      These are ebay prices btw....

So 675$ to start.... This is a nice decent package assuming everything else on the car is in good shape ie ball joints, tie rods, bushings etc. if not then you'll need way more to start with then.

yeah it seems like thoes 3 parts are key. I'll also need a camber kit I think. I'll have to start looking around for these parts.
                      Thanks !
                      My Car
                      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

yeah it seems like thoes 3 parts are key. I'll also need a camber kit I think. I'll have to start looking around for these parts.
                        Thanks !
                        If you stay above 2" drop you'll be fine with out a camber kit
                        wat?

Comment

ok you want to handle here you go

Suspension Tekniques sway bar kit <here>
                          Explicit Front Traction Bar Setup <here>
                          D2 Coilovers <here> 11k front 9k Rears is my setup Many options Avail.
                          Ingalls Ball Joint Style Front Camber Kit <here>
                          17" wheels with 215/40/17 or 215/45/17 or some nice 16's LOL!<here>

This setup is tight trust me ........... ofcourse you dont need to go with my next set of wheels but .... LOL
                          Last edited by Noxidea; 02-09-2008, 10:19 PM. Reason: Forgot Something
                          Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

Thanks !
                            Progress rear sway bar ptuning.com (best deal when they have em in stock)

best price i found in ingalls camber kit was www.summitracing.com

edit: ST front sway bar creates MORE understeer. i'd stay away from it, but its your decision
                            Last edited by GunRunner; 02-09-2008, 10:39 PM.
                            -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

best price i found in ingalls camber kit was www.summitracing.com

edit: ST front sway bar creates MORE understeer. i'd stay away from it, but its your decision[/QUOTE]

These are both true Statements ...
                              Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

Working...
                              X