Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adjustable front upper ball joint.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjustable front upper ball joint.........

I bought a set of Eibach front upper ball joints from summitracing and got them in today. I actually got SPC parts in an Eibach box. I don't know if they are the same company or packaged wrong. Anyway they look to be fairly low profile to hopefully avoid inner fender problems, so that's one thing they have going for them, however, as hard as I try I cannot make the ball joint move. It seems to be extremely tight as even hitting the end of the stud (nut attached) with my big wrench didn't make the joint give at all............just wondering if this is normal for these parts or did I get some bad ones? I know the joint has to be able to avoid play but this just seem ridiculous.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

90-93 TASPRO FRONT UPPER CONTROL ARM SET

Comment

I know what an upper control arm looks like as well as every component it is made of.........does anyone know if the adjustable upper ball joints are supposed to be next-to-impossible to rotate at the "ball joint"? Just wondering if I got bad parts.
      My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

watch the vid..

http://www.spcperformance.com/PROD_D...0%288%29&cmd3=

Comment

Thats how mine was, you have to figure, the hub acts like a cheater bar. if you put the ball joint in a vice and had a 2.5 ft pipe on the end it would move rather easy. The ball joint is slotted though, take off the boot and look at it... so it can only go back and forth one way, which is also important during install.

* note on the video they leave out a critical part. the tool used to hold the ball joint from spinning when you tighten that top nut down. those press on plates dont really stop the ball joint from spining like they are supposed to. the alignment shop had to wedge a big pipe wrench in to hold the balljoint, maybe i just got really unlucky, but i want to go to a full arm design anyways... even if i have to design it myself.

*** damn skunk2 for not thinking of the cb7 ***
          Last edited by GreenMadness; 01-24-2008, 10:54 AM.
          Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85
            I know what an upper control arm looks like as well as every component it is made of.........does anyone know if the adjustable upper ball joints are supposed to be next-to-impossible to rotate at the "ball joint"? Just wondering if I got bad parts.
            i was just showin that they have the complete control arm with everything you need. for that price its not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
              i was just showin that they have the complete control arm with everything you need. for that price its not bad.
              Ah ok, sorry for the misunderstanding, yeah those do look nice, but i've already got the front bushings and adjustable ball joint to rebuild my originals. thx anyway
              My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
              X