Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
    dont underestimate the kyb gr2's.

i have gr2's with sprint extreme 2.25" lowering springs. i love the ride and the handling. it feels just slightly stiffer than stock just driving around town, but i can feel the difference when i really push it on the twisty country roads.
    Some people will like them, some won't, depends what you expect from them.

At this point I'll stick my hand up to propogating second hand information, I've heard numerous times from a number of sources that GR-2s are similar to the OEM in rate and are basically OEM replacement. I know I prefer a much stiffer damper than the OEM, so assume I wouldn't like the GR-2s. I'll bet I'd find them disappointing, other people will like them.
    Regards from Oz,
    John.

Comment

The guy says the springs are from Toms Racing. I dont know anything about that :P

I cant find any 'toms racing' springs for the 93 accord... ?

http://www.autodynamic.com/search_re...l=2&subcat=309
      Last edited by Pandemic; 01-24-2008, 10:51 AM.
      My Car
      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

They may just be older springs that "Tom's Racing" no longer carries. But, still... 4 new shocks for $150 is still a good deal.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

4 shocks and struts for $150... still seems pretty good to me...
          My Car

Comment

Originally posted by johnl
            Some people will like them, some won't, depends what you expect from them.

At this point I'll stick my hand up to propogating second hand information, I've heard numerous times from a number of sources that GR-2s are similar to the OEM in rate and are basically OEM replacement. I know I prefer a much stiffer damper than the OEM, so assume I wouldn't like the GR-2s. I'll bet I'd find them disappointing, other people will like them.
            very true. if you are looking into them for a purely performance/track day shock, dont get them. i love mine because they are not stiff, whereas some people will hate them for the same reason. i drive my car as a daily driver and i dont want to bounce around everywhere like i do in some of my friend's cars with good but really stiff suspensions. i just like to cruise

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Would you say the OEM struts/springs are on the soft side, AGX are on the stiff side, and the GR2's are the happy medium?

I'm looking for more handling, but not tons. It'll be a daily driver/ touring car (long trips). I dont need uber handling, but I am looking for better performance than OEM. These Tom's racing springs are confusing to me too... I wish I could find more info on them.
              My Car

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
                These Tom's racing springs are confusing to me too... I wish I could find more info on them.
                Can't really say anything about them without knowing what exactly they are. Are they actually a fairly stiff racing spring primarily intended for track use, or is the word 'racing' being used as a marketing tool??

If they are quite stiff then they probably won't make the ride harsh as such on their own, but if they are quite stiff then you'll need stiff dampers to adequately control them (or the ride will be 'bouncy'), and the stiff dampers will tend to make the ride harsh. Springs much stiffer than stock may be too stiff for the dampers you intend using.
                Regards from Oz,
                John.

Comment

Would you say the OEM struts/springs are on the soft side, AGX are on the stiff side, and the GR2's are the happy medium?

I'll have to talk to the guy about the springs.
                  My Car

Comment

I'll have to talk to the guy about the springs.
                    The agx's never get tooo stiff even on their stiffest settings but they are noticeably stiffer than the gr2s. Ive had the gr2s and they are alright. They will work and ride pretty good but when you start hitting the corners real hard you'll realize that softness they have to them. The agx's are great because you can make them softer for a long haul or tighten them up to hit up some twisties. My accord is my dd and i leave my agx's on full stiff 24/7 and its not the least bit harsh or uncomfortable!

Comment

I'm looking for more handling, but not tons. It'll be a daily driver/ touring car (long trips). I dont need uber handling, but I am looking for better performance than OEM. These Tom's racing springs are confusing to me too... I wish I could find more info on them.
                      i would say that is a safe assumption. i have never ridden on agx's but i use my car almost purely for a tourer/long trip car. my drive into town is more than 30 miles, and school to home is about 100-120 (but i only do that round trip like once a month). i am vey happy with how they behave on the interstate, not bouncy at all. for perfomance there are better out there, i still get some body roll in corners, but i would agree that they are a happy medium.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                        for perfomance there are better out there, i still get some body roll in corners, but i would agree that they are a happy medium.
                        Even with Koni yellows on full stiff but with stock springs ARBs you'll still get as much body roll as with OEM or similar dampers. The difference will be in how long it takes to get that degree of roll, so in swerve type manouvres the roll will be less (and response better) beause there isn't time for 'full' roll to develop, but in roundabouts and similar corners the roll will be much the same as stock dampers, though you'll be farther into the corner before roll reaches it's max degree.
                        Regards from Oz,
                        John.

Comment

Hmmmm thats a bummer to hear.
                          Whats the best performance strut/spring, 2" lower, combo?
                          Neuspeed super cup kit (which are koni yellows and neuspeed springs).
                          http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=11|AC&type=2&ltype=ns_impo rt&p_id=1525

I have Koni yellows and ground controls on my CB. I love that setup. but it can get a touch harsh over crappy pavement. however on the highway it feels goooooood!
                          ~~~~~~~

Comment

Do not go for grduece it sucks...

Originally posted by zack_odom
                            Yummmmm. I'm going to go eat some Buddy Club sauce with my Mugen Spoon.

Comment

For a good deal like that , any reason why he would not get it? A set of GR2's are sold on ebay for atleast $160+ shipping without lowering springs.

I would not totally say Gr2 sucks since I have ran on em. Bought em used with atleast 60,000 miles on em. Installed no name lowering springs on em and ran with them for more than a year and it never blew out or gave any problems.

Since in fact he said the GR2's are brand new he has nothing to worry about. He can get those then run with em for a while. He can save for better shocks while those are on.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                                For a good deal like that , any reason why he would not get it? A set of GR2's are sold on ebay for atleast $160+ shipping without lowering springs.

I would not totally say Gr2 sucks since I have ran on em. Bought em used with atleast 60,000 miles on em. Installed no name lowering springs on em and ran with them for more than a year and it never blew out or gave any problems.

Since in fact he said the GR2's are brand new he has nothing to worry about. He can get those then run with em for a while. He can save for better shocks while those are on.
                                Good idea. As soon as i get $150 I'll have to pick them up.
                                My Car

Comment

Working...
                                X