wonderin....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wonderin....

I have a set of coilovers that I want to use. I was wondering if you could just use the springs from them? because I dont think I have all the pieces to put inbetween everything(rubber parts). Just wondering cause I am going to lower it during my winter break.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

if the springs are considerably shorter than stock, you will need to use aftermarket shock absorbers that are designed for the shorter stroke.

These shock absorbers will also be high rated and should be able to handle the harder spring rate.

Do you have a brand name we can refer to?

NOTE: Looking at the high offset of your wheels, you might not want to drop your car too much. I say max 1.5" all around. Otherwise you are going to have issues with the tires touching the body panels.
    Last edited by lokuputha; 12-10-2007, 10:50 PM.
    DEVOTE

Comment

Well I got some Neutron Motorsports coilovers, that is all I know. Bought them off craigslist about a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY
        Well I got some Neutron Motorsports coilovers, that is all I know. Bought them off craigslist about a year ago.

Nuetron Motorsports Coilovers? I've never heard of them, and judging from their website, they seem like an "ebay" brand. IMO, don't put these on stock shocks, you will brake things.

Collect about 300.00 and get yourself a good coil-spring and shock combo.
        Springs: Eibach, Tein, Neuspeed, Sprint...
        Shocks: Tokico, Koni, Bilstein...

This is what I found on the Neutron website
        DEVOTE

Comment

Using the spring isnt wise at all... Reasons as listed:

1. Spring is not the same size (Thinner than stock)
          2. If you put it on its gonna be like putting a retarded kid in a marathon. Its not gonna work.

I also like how that site cant spell vtec properly. That would automatically put me off on there products. IF they cant speak of a component that is a main feature and part of an engine properly you think their parts are any good.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
            Nuetron Motorsports Coilovers? I've never heard of them, and judging from their website, they seem like an "ebay" brand. IMO, don't put these on stock shocks, you will brake things.

Collect about 300.00 and get yourself a good coil-spring and shock combo.
            Springs: Eibach, Tein, Neuspeed, Sprint...
            Shocks: Tokico, Koni, Bilstein...

This is what I found on the Neutron website

Yeah I knew they were an "ebay" brand. What if I used the other pieces, I just dont know where all the rubber pieces go?

Right now I dont have any money for parts and I am currently jobless. Hopefully if I can get this 1990 EX coupe, drop the motor back in it, and sell it, I might be able to have enough for a good setup.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

All I can say save your money and put it to your priorities first. Modding can always wait. If I was like that my car would not be the way it is. I would have my ITB setup and so on. But I have priorities such as finishing up school and crap. Get those taken care of then you can mod your car thats just me though.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                All I can say save your money and put it to your priorities first. Modding can always wait. If I was like that my car would not be the way it is. I would have my ITB setup and so on. But I have priorities such as finishing up school and crap. Get those taken care of then you can mod your car thats just me though.
                Yeah I get what your saying. I think Im just going to sell them. That will help get a real setup.

Comment

a real setup should look like this...sorry I was bored.

DEVOTE

Comment

Yeah that is how I want it or like this

or

jk only want like 2" drop
                    Last edited by 90ACCORDLXGUY; 12-11-2007, 12:09 AM.

Comment

yea except any ebay coilover will give you that drop but it is the ride that counts/
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                        yea except any ebay coilover will give you that drop but it is the ride that counts/
                        yep. if it is a rough ride you wont want to drive it.

Comment

Working...
                        X