Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT suspension set-up are you running? And how would you rate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I should contribute to this thread.

Tokico Illuminas (2 front and rear)
    Tokico Springs (part of the kit, 1.25" lowering)
    ST Sway Bars front and rear
    17x7.5 Rotas with Yokohama Parada Spec2 205/45R17

I should get new bushings but I'm too lazy. I do have a front camber issue but the tires are about shot anyway independent of the camber.

Comment

Tein HA coilovers

Where did you get those from and what is the tein part #. I was planning on getting a set, but I'm not sure on the fitment or where to get them.
      members/ride | the/website
      180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

i just got my neuspeed race springs with my koni yellows.....and what can i say about them..............DAMMM this setup is really meant for each other. the ride is so form(not bouncy) but firm stiff like you really feel that your in control of your car. now this is having the koni yellows half way to stiffness. if you turn the knob the whole way you are going to have a have a blast driving your car!!! handles like a charm. hardly no sway and pushed on turns. i also have bars and sways just for your info.

here is when i noticed the difference...the springs had before they were a no name POS and well when i was on all the way stiff on the konis my car still used to sway big time and turning felt sluggish.....now! omg when you hit that turn your car tends to just stay level and most likely you will loose grip of the tires before anything else happens...which is not a good thing and thats another issue. i got some pontenzas re950 so that really wont happen. but yea i would rate this at a 9 out of 10 for the fact that i hate koni for not making like 16 damping settings like tein or something. but over all very FUN and awesome setup!
        95' BB2

My Members Ride Profile

Comment

Welcome to Club Neu. Koni bro! By the way, I actually think the Koni shocks are better than a 16 way adjustable set-up due to the fact that there are not specific points where you can turn it to. You can actually fine tune it to your exact specifics. Although it would be great to have some type of EDFC.
          "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

KYB AGX's - set on the stiffest setting
            Neuspeed Race springs
            Megan Racing front upper strut bar
            Megan Racing rear lower tie bar
            16x7 Motegi FF6 w/ Sumitomo tires

I really like my set up. It's really stiff, but I think it still gives a really good ride. I only rate it a 9/10 because I need some new tires or maybe just better ones....

Comment

i posted before, but i just put in kyb agxs in.
              before i had the following:
              sprint rx extreme 3in drop springs
              ebay special front upper strut bar
              matrix rear upper strut bar
              tenzo-r rear lower tie-bar
              arospeed polished floor-bar
              ex rear sway-bar with energy suspension bracket bushing
              energy suspension front sway-bar bracket bushing and endlinks
              17in motegi mr3 205/40 falken in front toyo in rear
              all with stock struts. car handled very well. a lil boucy over bumps. i would rate it a 7.

just put in the kyb agx. front set at 2 rear set at 5. i might change the rear to 4. now the are handles a lot beter. rate it a 9 cuz it dont bounce over dips and shit. dont really feel bumps on the highway that much.

Comment

OneoffAccord,

Did you notice any difference with the Arospeed floor bar? I have often thought about getting one to help stiffen up the car. Does it interfer with front seat movement or rear passenger feet?
                Eric91Z
                eric91z@globalccs.net
                '92 Honda Accord EX Coupe - For Sale (email me)

Comment

Originally posted by Eric91Z
                  OneoffAccord,

Did you notice any difference with the Arospeed floor bar? I have often thought about getting one to help stiffen up the car. Does it interfer with front seat movement or rear passenger feet?
                  OK here it is. the car did stiffen up a lil bit. you can feel it alot, around turns. i have the front back all the way,no problem with that. the rear passengers are goin to have the put ther feet on the floor bar, thats the problem with that.you have to remove the lap belt, if you have a 90-91 and move a cuople of wires. its hard to find it, try ebay. i got mine for like 55 shipped i think.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                    OK here it is. the car did stiffen up a lil bit. you can feel it alot, around turns. i have the front back all the way,no problem with that. the rear passengers are goin to have the put ther feet on the floor bar, thats the problem with that.you have to remove the lap belt, if you have a 90-91 and move a cuople of wires. its hard to find it, try ebay. i got mine for like 55 shipped i think.
                    What exactly does the floor bar bolt to? I looked at one and thought it was kinda cool in a weird way, but I was wondering if it even bolted to anything.

Comment

It mounts to the lower seat belt mount point that is visable outside the trim, right? Any modifications needed on an '92?
                      Eric91Z
                      eric91z@globalccs.net
                      '92 Honda Accord EX Coupe - For Sale (email me)

Comment

Originally posted by Eric91Z
                        It mounts to the lower seat belt mount point that is visable outside the trim, right? Any modifications needed on an '92?
                        i dont think that it would be a problem for a 92-93. being that there is not lap belt there so you dont have to remove it. you can just mount it to the regular belt. cut the carpet a lil bit and thats all.check ou tmy memebrs ride theres a pic there. or i might post one up of that.

Comment

ttt

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

hey my first post... right now i got a stock setup!!!.. i rate it a 0!!!but was thinking
                            about tien basics...

but was wondering how much ground control coilover cost..
                            i'm thinking about either tien basic or agx with ground control coilovers... anyone know prices on the ground control?

*edit*
                            what about NEX coilover kit?
                            Last edited by iongerz; 09-15-2004, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iongerz
                              hey my first post... right now i got a stock setup!!!.. i rate it a 0!!!but was thinking
                              about tien basics...

but was wondering how much ground control coilover cost..
                              i'm thinking about either tien basic or agx with ground control coilovers... anyone know prices on the ground control?

*edit*
                              what about NEX coilover kit?
                              From all I've read about AGX with GC I think they are the best bang for the buck.
                              ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
                                From all I've read about AGX with GC I think they are the best bang for the buck.
                                I do agree

Comment

Working...
                                X