Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT suspension set-up are you running? And how would you rate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

went from cheap coil overs and stock blown struts to a koni rsk kit this weekend.

I'd rate the cheap coil overs and stock blown struts about a 1, well maybe that's a little high. I had about an inch of travel in the front, and maybe a half inch in the rear. They were noisy, stiff, and just not very impressive at all. None of my friends would ride with me because it was so bad. But it was really low.

I just got done takin the rsk kit for a test drive and it has alot more body roll than I'm used to, but boy does it ever feel smooth. It seemed to corner better than the coil overs too, even with the body roll. I still haven't driven it much yet though, but it's a big improvement already.
    91 accord lx, ebay intake, koni rsk kit, 17's, clear corners, red clear tails, and a type r lip when I'm not in Pullman

Comment

it does have a fair bit of body role.
      but a set of suspension techniques sway bars takes care of that nicely.

i love how the RSK kit has such a high quality feel.
      CB7 + H22A4 + M2S4 + JDM P13

www.vancouveraccords.com

Comment

ok I drove it about 70 miles today. It feels like it rides about stock, but handles alot better. There is more body roll, but it seems to stay better in the corners just because the tires are staying much more planted than before. I'd give the rsk kit about an 8 or 9, only not bein a ten because of the body roll, which can be fixed with sway bars.
        91 accord lx, ebay intake, koni rsk kit, 17's, clear corners, red clear tails, and a type r lip when I'm not in Pullman

Comment

Ground Control Coilovers (dropped 3.5")
          Koni Yellows
          Energy Suspension Bushings
          Suspesnion Techniques Rear Sway Bar
          Neuspeed Front Upper Strut Bar

I love this setup to death.

Comment

Originally posted by hondaman-iac
            Ground Control Coilovers (dropped 3.5")
            Koni Yellows
            Energy Suspension Bushings
            Suspesnion Techniques Rear Sway Bar
            Neuspeed Front Upper Strut Bar

I love this setup to death.
            How much did the sway bar run you?

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

so wait, you can get gc coilovers and replace the springs they come with with eibach or some other springs and use an after market strut for basically the best ride and performance if im reading correctly. I might just do that.

Comment

Originally posted by hybrid90accord
                How much did the sway bar run you?
                well i can't really say what it was, because i got it as a business but for 140 shipped i can get you one. also i can get you the konis and ground controls

Originally posted by HukedUp91Accord
                so wait, you can get gc coilovers and replace the springs they come with with eibach or some other springs and use an after market strut for basically the best ride and performance if im reading correctly. I might just do that.

well gound control makes only the adjustable perches that will lower and raise the spring, but they use the eibach ers springs, with very close to what's needed spring rates. on a scale of 1 to 10 the ground controls get a 9.7 for handling and ride comfort

Comment

what spring rates

do GC come in? are they all the same?

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Re: what spring rates

Originally posted by 4drcord
                    do GC come in? are they all the same?
                    well i am affraid that i don't really get your question. most of the gc's for hondas have the same spring lenght (4" front, 7" back, and the sleeves seem to be universal) the gc for koni has some special adapters that will fit on the shock without using the lower spring perch.

Comment

I have a pair of aerosped coiloverspeed coilovers mated with tokico shocks. The ride quality i can fit about 2 and a half fingers in there. The ride is nice i give it about 7.5 outta 10. All i need is some better tires caseu i bent my 17's all i need is a small camber kit for the front with some suspension-tech anti-sways and i should be aight.

Comment

Last time i looked at it you could barely fit a tooth pic in there.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                          I have a pair of aerosped coiloverspeed coilovers mated with tokico shocks. The ride quality i can fit about 2 and a half fingers in there. The ride is nice i give it about 7.5 outta 10. All i need is some better tires caseu i bent my 17's all i need is a small camber kit for the front with some suspension-tech anti-sways and i should be aight.
                          what tokico's are you running?

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Tokico blue's non-adjustables

Comment

skunk2 coils (barely one finger gap)
                              KYB AGX shocks f:3 r:5
                              ST rear sway
                              generic rear strut bar

handling: 8
                              comfort: 5
                              overall: 6

ride is harsh as hell now that the car is just a daily driver for me. its fun on winding roads and all but... with the drop that i have i only have an inch or two of suspension travel... this way the car jumps up on big dips or bumps on highways... just one bounce tho so i guess my shocks are doin their job of holdin it down... other than that i been thinking bout swappin the H&R race springs back on but im not really big on the 4x4 look

point is... with race kaa handling you get race kaa comfort

Comment

Originally posted by weneklek
                                skunk2 coils (barely one finger gap)
                                KYB AGX shocks f:3 r:5
                                ST rear sway
                                generic rear strut bar

handling: 8
                                comfort: 5
                                overall: 6

ride is harsh as hell now that the car is just a daily driver for me. its fun on winding roads and all but... with the drop that i have i only have an inch or two of suspension travel... this way the car jumps up on big dips or bumps on highways... just one bounce tho so i guess my shocks are doin their job of holdin it down... other than that i been thinking bout swappin the H&R race springs back on but im not really big on the 4x4 look

point is... with race kaa handling you get race kaa comfort
                                wow i thought i was alone on this! i love my drop so i have to put up with a shitty ride. i have a some what expensive setup too which totally confused me at first do to the ride being so harsh. i dont know what to do? there must be some way to have it slammed yet ride nice without having bags or hydalics or cylinders!

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Working...
                                X