Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT suspension set-up are you running? And how would you rate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tokico Illuminas (4/3 settings F/R)
    440/300# springs
    New OEM ball joints in front
    Stock bushings
    205/55 16s (RSXs)
    Prelude 5 lug setup all around.
    ALIGNMENT (-1 degree camber at all 4 corners)

Pros: Finally got an alignment and was able to push the car a little bit yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised! Car is at a height that is low enough for perfect negative camber all around. During long sweepers the handling is predictable, even with midcorner bumps. Steering feedback is so-so. It's a car that definitely rewards being driven fast and hard over tooling around. Very rewarding!

Cons: I thought the shocks were blown but really all it is is the awful BK roads. Damn near any lowered car will have a hard time here... esp one with damn near 200K miles. Also, Prelude brakes are an upgrade up to like 50% driving, but I finally got the brakes to cook and the pedal to go soft yesterday. I almost wish I had kept the 17s and BBK, but this setup is OK 80% of the time.

If I were to spend any more money on this heap, I would get Brembo blanks, Sumitumo HTRs or that level tire, and maybe ES bushings for the LBJs and tie rod ends. Also maybe an UBJ camber kit. Car is fun though! Almost wish I could track it.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

well for now....

Skunk2 Coilovers
      KYB Gr2's
      Front Strut bar

Rides like balls to be honest. im as low as possible in front and halfway with the rear. i have maybe an inch and a half of shock travel which causes the ride to be horrible on anything but new pavement. Im going to extend the top hats to get more shock travel and be able to lower a tad bit more...

I say a 4.5 of 10. it's not for the faint of heart.

Comment

before:

Skunk2 Sport Struts
        Skunk2 Coilovers
        same bars as below

9/10

rode perfectly. handled well. car is more stable in turns. doesnt bounce. the only gripe i had about these is that my drop got raised about an inch. due to the perch on the struts sit lower than the perch on the OEM struts.

Skunk2 struts
        ebay coilovers
        front and rear upper strut bar
        c-pillar bar

rating: 10/10

i LOVE this ride. real smooth. i love it. SOOOO much better than the OEM struts and Skunk2 coilovers. i swapped on the ebay coilovers because the coil for those was shorter thus giving me a lower drop to compensate for the perch on the strut sitting higher. ride really good tho. im sure theres better out there but ive yet to experience it. im sure with some new bushings and a rear sway bar, it'll improve the ride more.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
          well for now....

Skunk2 Coilovers
          KYB Gr2's
          Front Strut bar

Rides like balls to be honest. im as low as possible in front and halfway with the rear. i have maybe an inch and a half of shock travel which causes the ride to be horrible on anything but new pavement. Im going to extend the top hats to get more shock travel and be able to lower a tad bit more...

I say a 4.5 of 10. it's not for the faint of heart.
          Dangerous too

If ur interested I know someone with a set of Omnis for sale

*EDIT* Maybe I got a dud set of Skunk2 shocks, but the ones I had rode like shit. No better than stock shocks, which wouldn't work at all with 450/300# springs
          Last edited by gloryaccordy; 11-16-2009, 11:27 AM.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

air

ride is a 10

Comment

H&R OE Sport- appeases the family w/ stock height but rides like regular sports

KYB AGX- 2 or 3 front, 6 or 7 rear, I like ONE bounce recoil. no more 3-4 bounce like my OE broken shocks that didnt recoil at all.

Energy Suspension master kit bushings. Sounded like a flock of pigeons for a few months but quit =P

It still gets some lean in the back but it's an LX so no sway bar. Too bad I'm poor from the Bisi Bargain or I'd get one. VERDICT: 8/10!

Comment

KYB GR-2 gas shocks and TEIN S-tech springs. I would rate them a 9/10. The shocks have held up great with the springs on them. The springs are not bouncy at all, feels very comfortable when cruising, and thats saying alot considering I drive daily on michigan roads. they seem to take the bumps nicely and ride smooth, but they still have that aggressive performance feel when cornering and driving at high speeds. I definitely stand behind my 9/10 rating for this setup.

I've been on both sides of the track though. My cb coupe had kyb gr-2s and ebay coilover springs. It was definitely slammed but the ride quality was so bad the car caught air over bumps at highway speeds. It was terrible. it looked sick, but was not ideal for daily driving, didnt perform too great either. 2/10 for that shitty setup.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

I had gr2's with this setup they were ok, but these agx's have more of a 'rebound' than the gr2's, gr2's were very stock with not as much rebound.

Eibach pro kits
                  kyb agx 2f/3r for oem comfort. 3/6 for fun.
                  lower rear tie bar
                  energy suspension sway bar bushings
                  stock 15's
                  balljoint camber kit

Overall its a great ride. Bumps are not an issue and rides very smooth but if you want to turn it up for some fun then they handle great. They seem very strong compared to the gr2's i had for a year. sway is greatly reduced especially in the higher settings.

They did raise my car about 1/4 of an inch though.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Has anyone been running either Tein, Megan, or KSport full coilovers for more than a year? If so can you comment on them, the ride quality, comfort, handling, durability, etc?

Thanks in advanced.
                    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                      Has anyone been running either Tein, Megan, or KSport full coilovers for more than a year? If so can you comment on them, the ride quality, comfort, handling, durability, etc?

Thanks in advanced.
                      k-mart has had KSports for well over a year. PM him if you're interested in KSports.

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Neuspeed Race springs
                        OEM shocks

Ride is "okay". It's much better than before (see post #345).

Pros:
                        Stiff, but not too stiff. Very little body roll.
                        Nice amount of lowering without going too low. (2.25" when settled)

Cons:
                        Stock shocks are blown. Bouncy on the interstate when going over bridges.

With proper shocks (Koni Yellows), this would be by far the best spring/shock combo.

As is: 8/10
                        With proper shocks: 11/10

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          Dangerous too

If ur interested I know someone with a set of Omnis for sale

*EDIT* Maybe I got a dud set of Skunk2 shocks, but the ones I had rode like shit. No better than stock shocks, which wouldn't work at all with 450/300# springs
                          i wouldn't call it dangerous. Im actually sitting on the shocks in front now that it settled. just doesn't have any give to it in the springs. Similar to sitting the the bed of a truck.

With more shock travel its fine. Lifted up a good bit it rode well. i could drive without looking out for small bumps in the road. So with custom top hats ill be able to ride fine where i am.

Comment

Thanks in advanced.
                            I have had Megan Racing full coilovers for about 2.5 years on my GS-R. I had to upgrade the rear spring because it was so soft. That car has:

Spoon Sports strut tower bar
                            Megan Racing full coilovers
                            Megan racing rear camber kit
                            Function 7 rear lower control arms
                            stock sway bars with metal bushings
                            adjustable endlinks

And I give it an 7/10 with my 195-55-15 Fuzions and with my Falken Azenis RT-215's at 205-50-15's, I give it a 7.5/10. Nothing is stiff enough for me. But back to the question, they are great for most applications, some are too soft, and thus far I haven't had any issues with them what so ever. I would recommend them, but I would recommend getting 8kg spring in the rear to help with rotation.

My next set of Coilovers, for any car, would be AMR Engineering. They are made to your specs and they come with Hyperco spring, some of the best springs you can get and they have a lifetime warranty, plus the struts themselves come with a lifetime warranty. They will make anything for any car, you just have to ask.
                            1990 Accord four door EX + JDM H22A + JDM LSD H22 trans: Born 08/01/2003 - Killed 11/12/2008

1992 Accord four door LX + JDM H22A = New project.

Comment

Thanks in advanced.
                              i'm on tein ss and it's very comfortable. Only problem is that even on the stiffest setting it's not that stiff at all. Also, the lowest height setting allows for 1-2 finger gaps still on 15" wheels. Preload isnt adjustable either on the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                                Extremes + Koni Yellows = 8 (estimated)
                                What's wrong with this setup?

Originally posted by JoshM
                                Neuspeed Race springs...With..(Koni Yellows), this would be by far the best spring/shock combo.

As is: 8/10
                                With proper shocks: 11/10
                                Why did you change from the previous post? And isnt the Cup Kit pretty much Yellows on NS Races...?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                                Originally posted by Jarrett
                                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                                X