Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT suspension set-up are you running? And how would you rate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Racer_XXX View Post
    its what i have them set at. i'll fix it
    Ohhhh.. okay!

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

KYB AGX on max settings
      Neuspeed Race Springs

8/10.

AGX are not stiff enough and not soft enough. But it gives me nothing but a performance of beauty.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

omin power race coil overs

it bunsy but it handes so good

so 9/10

The Race Car

Comment

tokico illumina5 firmest all around
          skunk2 coil over
          ingals front camber kit
          megan racing tower bar
          it is firm and i love that
          8/10

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
            I'm not, nor is anyone that I know of, but based on the mild drop those springs have, and having ridden in a cb7 with gr2's on much lower, stiffer springs, I would say that combo would ride very smooth, almost like stock..but wouldn't offer the best performance. I'm assuming you're not too worried about that though with those choices. If you just want a lower car that still rides smooth, I say go for it.

I am definatly not onto autoX, I just want something that is lowered in the 2" range that rides smooth

Comment

1991 accord coupe
              Ksport Full Sleeve
              lowerd about 3 inches give or take

Great ride most people that ride in it say it rides like stock sp they get a 9.5. Performance wise i give them about a 8 no complaints from me good quality
              1991 Cb7 Coupe

Comment

I wanted to know if there is a setup I can use that my car can stay as low as it is now. I have eBay coilovers with stock shocks. I don't like the bouncy ride. I've had my car like this for a while (like 4 yrs). I didn't know about suspension at the time for the people who will maybe ask. I know a lot more now.
                "The greatest loyalty in life is, above all, to thine own Self be true."

Facebook
                MySpace
                My Ride

Comment

what kinda of camber kit do you need? i got bilsteins under my bed and and progress 22mm rear swaybar on the car and i am planning to go to a race spring of like a 2" drop. so what degree do i need?

front
                  +1 1/4° to +3°
                  -3/4° to +1°

rear
                  -2° to +3° i assume this is fine due to the huge range of adjustability.

Thanks i cant wait to do this, next year full poly under the car and front and rear strut bars.

Lane
                  1992 Accord EX-R 4 door Cobalt blue on blue 5 speed, friggin love this car.

Performance mods: AEM short ram intake, Progress rear sway bar, and Apexi WSII cat back, skunk 2 wieghted knob, yeamans short throw. exedy oem style clutch pkg with a F1 racing 12lb flywheel, TASauto braided SS clutch line.

Sound mods: Hertz space 6 1/2 speakers and tweets with a Audison Srx 2 amp, Focal 11" sub in a Focal ported box, Kenwood D-class amp, Audison cap and a Kenwood KDC891.

Comment

used progress springs 2"drop
                    kyb gr-2 struts all around
                    front strut brace
                    195/60/15 hris

Comment

Originally posted by ECalvo31 View Post
                      I wanted to know if there is a setup I can use that my car can stay as low as it is now. I have eBay coilovers with stock shocks. I don't like the bouncy ride. I've had my car like this for a while (like 4 yrs). I didn't know about suspension at the time for the people who will maybe ask. I know a lot more now.
                      it depends on your budget on what will be best fit for you. I saved up about 550 and got the function and form type 1's. they are awesome, with ride height adj and stiff enough for me.
                      The beginning of a new era............................
                      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

I just changed my suspension out last week. I was running ebay coilovers and blown stock struts it was mabye a 2 out of 10.

Now i am running:
                        Tockico Illuminas
                        set to 2 in front, and 3 in back
                        and H&R sport spring
                        i would rate it about a 7 out of ten mabye more later after i play with them a lil bit more anything is better than what i had

Comment

Right now im running my: stock springs, OEM tires, ES Black poly bushings, Koni shocks all around set at the hardest setting, ebay strut bars front and back, new tie rods, new drive shafts, and new bearings.

The ride is kinda of bouncy but it hugs the turns really nice. I can make the tires squeal on a simple turn. But i need an alignment also. It feels like an OEM ride but more firm and controlled.

8 out of 10 this is my first before and after take on a car.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2620526 190E Mercedes Benz
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3065882 Accord Under major Repairs

Comment

Tokico Illuminas (4/3 settings F/R)
                            440/300# springs
                            New OEM ball joints in front
                            Stock bushings
                            215/17s
                            Prelude 5 lug setup all around.

Stiff, somewhat weak low speed damping, but stability at high speeds and under braking. Car needs an alignment though, and switched lower control arms in front. I am also gonna go to 300/175# springs F/R and lower the front setting to 3. Final impressions after those changes are made.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

new day bump for a good thread. any new set ups?

anyone running KYBs on coilovers? ebay or name brand?

Comment

Sprint Extreme springs on Tokico HP shocks.

Pros:
                                Low

Cons:
                                Low

The springs would handle a lot better with better shocks. Tokico HPs obviously weren't designed to support a 3.5" drop. Paired with Koni Yellows or Tokico Illuminas, you'd have a damn nice ride.

Current setup = 6
                                Extremes + Koni Yellows = 8 (estimated)

1999 BMW M3
                                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                                X