Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT suspension set-up are you running? And how would you rate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is anyone running the tokico illumina coilover kit??
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Tein S-Tech springs 2.1(F) 1.7(R)
      Tokico Illumina adj. shocks
      Energy Suspension bushings: front and rear sway bars, front sway bar end-links, upper shock mounts, and radius rods.

overall, i rate this a 9 /10.
      responsive, comfortable for a race drop, and looks great with the 19s.
      Last edited by PRIMOCB7; 09-24-2006, 10:27 PM.
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

tein s-tech springs (2.1f)(1.8r)
        Oem struts

7/10

ride quality is alright since they are soft springs, just hoping it will go lower a bit.

Comment

im on sprint 2.2'' drope with front strut bar ill give it a 6 or a 7 because it handles good but not great when i get a progress rear sway bar then it will be nice. bump for a great ride not bouncy at all check the sig for drop

Comment

> KYB GR-2 struts
            > Skunk2 lowering springs

Just installed this springs yesterday. i'd rate this set-up a about a 8-9, it handles great, drop is INSANE(front tires tucks behind fender a bit and rear is bout a 1 1/2 finger gap ), and not much of a bouncy ride/no scape . Only thing i'd recommend is a camber kit asap. you get mad negative camber in the front tires , besides that, they're great

Truely recommend them

(Don't mind the sig. pix, those were w/ ebay coilovers. I'll post pix first chance i get.)

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
            My Ride thread
            Flickr
            Originally posted by d112crzy
            And it can only get better. That's the best part.
            All I gotta really say is:
            People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Eibach Sportlines
              Tokico Illuminas set to 4 front 3 rear

I don't really know how to rate them seeing how the only other springs i've tried are just another set of eibachs on my old civic but compared to stock i'd say maybe 8 or 9. Ride is a little bit stiff but i really don't even mind a bit.

Comment

h&r springs lowering 0.75" front and back
                kyb gr-2's front and back

it's a good ride i have not had any problems with this setup,
                but i still wish i went with the tokico blues shocks and struts and
                with the h&r sport springs front 1.75" and back 1.5"
                H22 fund = 3000 hopefully soon My Member's Ride Thread

Canon XTI | 28-135mm IS USM | 18-55mm kit lens | 50mm 1.8 II

Comment

kyb agx
                  megan race springs

rate it 3.5/5
                  ..[CB7][STAR]..
                  MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

skunk 2 sleeves
                    stock struts

Sooo bouncy. It corners great until you hit any kind of bump then tires are squealing and you risk spin out due to huge loss of traction. Same with braking and acceleration. It looks good and all but who cares. I am upgrading to NEX soon as i can, anyone else kno about these. The only review i heard was good and i can't wait to start riding my beloved car of the ghetto mods as i start to make more cash this year.

Comment

Omnipower-Streets
                      Full coilovers....

10/10

Pros:amazing handling,VERY tight,beautiful drop, also adjustable.....

Cons:stiff,definately takes getting use to.But once you do you WILL LOVE them!!!I cant speak for the ol lady tho

Comment

I just upgraded to H&R Race and Koni Yellows. I haven't played with the shock settings yet, but the ride is decent. At least as good as it was with my old H&R Sport and KYB AGX. I'd say 3.5 out of 5. Perhaps some sway bars and better tires will make it better.

Comment

Koni reds with Neuspeed races....the ride is a lil bouncy....and gettin used to a lowered car with crappy roads is kinda annoying...but love the look and i love how much better it handles in corners....So id give it about a 3.75 out of 5

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by JamesB14
                            Koni reds with Neuspeed races....the ride is a lil bouncy....and gettin used to a lowered car with crappy roads is kinda annoying...but love the look and i love how much better it handles in corners....So id give it about a 3.75 out of 5

Tell me did u Like myself forget to cut the Bump Stops , EVeryone ive ever known with Nuespeed Race Springs forgets to cut the bump stops in half , Ive heard once u do this the bounce is gone simply because your riding on bump stops right now I love my springs and I know they are firm so i was all aggrivated when i was bouncin down the road on Tokico Hp's Brand new , I beleive the bump stops are the answer ...
                            Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

just ordered the super cup kit from nuespeed.
                              i was going to going neu race and AGX
                              but i decided i might as well get all from the same person since they are known to work great together.

so i'll post in like a week how they are.
                              uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

KYB AGX and Sportlines which I really like. A little stiff but I have it on I think 4 and 6 and these streets are the worst but I still like my setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X