Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much would i be affected by a 1 degree negative camber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much would i be affected by a 1 degree negative camber?

since im going to lower my car and get camber kits, i gotta have 1 degree negative on the front to avoid the control arm from hitting the inner fenders
    but how much faster would my tires wear out with this 1 degree?
    (i plan on rotating my tires to help reduce it)

and how much would it affect my acceleration?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

-1 degree will not be that bad on tires, i think that is still in the OEM specification. As long as your toe is correct, your tires should last a good while.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Yep as r33 said camber wont be as bad on tires as toe. -1 is nothing to worry about. try 4 degrees and my tires are still fine lol.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

im still worried cause i heard that negative camber gives you bad acceleration
        the tires wont have good traction and i wont be fast off the line, and stuff...

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

Originally posted by b3nsonx
          im still worried cause i heard that negative camber gives you bad acceleration
          the tires wont have good traction and i wont be fast off the line, and stuff...
          its not enough to notice. im at -1 in the front and -1.5 in the rear.

Comment

1.5 in the rear because you dont have a camber kit, right?
            how much is your car lowered?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

2.25 in the front, 2 in the rear

Comment

-1 is still (just) within oem specs. You should be fine.
                Members Ride Thread

Comment

u ok!

u gotta love yo car! is not like civics. civics, u gotta get cambers for front and rear. i'm low on my cb7 without camber i'm good!

Comment

while you're at it, spend the money and get a good camber kit. It will save you shitloads in tires, alignments in the long run. and yeah as people said before, -1 is right at the maximum limit for OEM specifications. I was at 1.5 before and my ride was quite harsh for some reason, so i raised my coilovers to have only .9 deg. and it worked wonders, rides smoother now.

member's ride thread
                    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                    91 Accord SE 176k
                    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I'd say spring for the camber kit. Having perfect camber is somthing that matters alot for performance. Why only have 6" of your tire on the ground when you can have 7"?lol

Comment

0 to -1 is the spec, so you'd be fine. However, I can tell you that -1.6 deg when driven for long time will decrease the life of your tires from experience.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I'm at 1.6 I should look into a camber kit maybe.

Comment

1.6 is right at the threshold for the camber kit recommendation. It never hurts to have the camber to spec!

At a lower drop, your control arms can hit (which is why the -1 is recommended... ATX was the first to drop that bit of info) -1* won't hurt your tires much. You'll still get inner wear, but not abnormally fast. With the toe corrected, it should be fine.

Also, I end up saying this in every thread involving camber... camber refers to the angle of your tires. A camber KIT is the term for the devices used to correct camber when you lower your vehicle.

It irritates me to no end when I see "should I get cambers up front yo??"

Comment

It irritates me to no end when I see "should I get cambers up front yo??"
                              ROFL

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

Working...
                              X