Wheel Bearings ? .... I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel Bearings ? .... I think

I finally decided to make my car a rolling shell because i had to move it around for space. Now this car was sitting for about 4 months in my possesion. Before i owned it the guy had it sitting since january, so about 10 months total.

Now when i go to push it, it seems harder that normal, AND it rolls back a little. like i push it forward a foot, and it rolls back 6 inchs???? the only thing i can think of is, the wheel bearings got stuck to bent into an oval shape fro mnot being used. Also if this matters, the steering (wheel) moves to the right a lot, without any help from anything. Thats probably the alignment toe (i think), bc i just put it on. BUT, i had my moms TL sit for like 11 months, and finally got it fixed, and it didnt have a problem like this soo...I dunno.

Also it isnt the rear brakes stuck making it hard to push, bc when i released the handbrake, i could clearly feel it being released.

Any Ideas?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Lol its not wheel bearings cars sit on them for years and dont warp them....if I thought you were stupid I'd say you forgot to take it out of park, cuz thats what it sounds like, but I imagine its either a manual or you're hopefully not that dumb...ummm.....That is odd, though...but I can guarentee not wheel bearings.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

uninflated tires can cause that too.

rubber in its natural state will want to return to its orginal position, which is why you oil lthe rubber seal on the oil filter...so it never backs off.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
        uninflated tires can cause that too.

rubber in its natural state will want to return to its orginal position, which is why you oil lthe rubber seal on the oil filter...so it never backs off.
        this is my thoughts as well.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

like i said its a rolling shell, the shift linkage isnt even connected to the tranny, and there are no axles.

So you guys think its the tires? Ill put on some other tires and see how it is. The thing is, i rolled them over at least 2 times, so...

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Wheel bearings are a possibility... IN CHEVYS... its a common problem for a newer 4000+lb impala to have its wheel bearings go out when it sits in the garage while the owners spend the winter in Flordia.

This is very unusual for a honda, plus when a wheel bearing does go you probably wont be able to diagnois it by "how hard it is to push the car"

My RX7 sat from impound in 94 till 2000 then garaged for 5 years until i found it. 3 people could barely push it (even though the tires where inflated) we bumped up the tires to about 45psi and that thing rolled like a dream. so i would definatly look at tires, for a shell anything under 30psi is gonna give some resistance.

Also your remark about the alignment makes me wonder, you could have the wheels fighting each other, which is what it sounds like if the steering wheel turns on its own, so not only are you pushing the weight of the car, but your also overcoming the pushing force of one of the tires, adding to how hard the car is to move.
            Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Working...
            X