Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious Suspension Ugrade Questions (For everyone with Sportlines or 1.8-ish Drop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious Suspension Ugrade Questions (For everyone with Sportlines or 1.8-ish Drop)

Hi all,

I don't mean for this to be a repost but I am seriously looking into new springs and I didn't find any posts that adress the height issues. My research has pretty much shown that Eibach Sportlines would be ideal (price, ride, etc). However, the 1.7 front/1.8 rear drop is making me a little nervous since I live in the Northeast (snow, bad roads, manholes)

My questions are:

Will I hit the ground at any point on bad roads. I have neons under my bumper (please don't flame) and I plan on getting a 94 style lip.

I'm going to have to drive my car in the winter. Will it be so low that I will run into issues with getting stuck and driving in the slush.

Will I be able to drive up onto ramps (for inspections, lifts at garages, etc)

Will a standard jack fit under the car.

My reason for asking these questions might be really dumb, but I have a friend with a Civic Si Hatch on coilovers, and he'll hit the ground once and awhile, he can't drive onto lifts or jack up his car, and he has to carry a tow strap with him in the snow.

Thanks everyone for the help.

then u should invest in a coilover system so u can change the setting whenever u need to.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

I don't like coilovers much, my friend has them, and the threads locked after a winter of driving. I'd much rather go springs, I just wanted someone that has had the same height let me know how its working out...with coils you have to get your car realigned everytime you raise or lower it and that's just a hassle I don't need either.

Comment

i have sportlines on 17's and i can drive up ramps and jack up the car and anyof that sort but on big speed bumps i scrape but if you set ur shocks really hard then u wont scrape on most speed bumps. u wont be hitting the ground ever on bad roads really. about the snow well that might be a little harder because i smoetimes stall in really harsh florida rain (only happened once). But it shouldnt be too bad you will be fine
        ]

Comment

I roll on Neu. Race and have no problems with anything. Still trying to push the car's limit to make the car bottom out but it just won't! So I continue to push the car more...
          "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

i remember years ago when i had the greddy lip and the car dropped w/ neuspeed race...when it snowed, my car shoveled the snow in the streets and my driveway
            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Re: Serious Suspension Ugrade Questions (For everyone with Sportlines or 1.8-ish Drop)

I have H&R Sport springs on my car. 1.75 in front and 1.5 in back, or so they say. It feels even all around. To answer your questions:

Will I hit the ground at any point on bad roads. I have neons under my bumper (please don't flame) and I plan on getting a 94 style lip.

If you don't drive like a maniac, you won't hit. I have a 5th gen lip myself, and I've only whacked it a few times... The lip can take some abuse as well, so you CAN smack it once in a while and it'll be ok.

I'm going to have to drive my car in the winter. Will it be so low that I will run into issues with getting stuck and driving in the slush.

I haven't dealt with that yet, but I don't think it will be a problem. I'm in NJ, so our snow is similar to yours. Just stick to plowed roads when you can!

Will I be able to drive up onto ramps (for inspections, lifts at garages, etc)

Yes. Well, unless the garage has one hell of a ramp, you should be able to. Even with that kind of drop, it's not much lower than a Miata, Fiero, Corvette... There are lots of cars that come about that low stock.

Will a standard jack fit under the car.

Yes. I have an hydraulic Big Red jack from Pep Boys... Works fine for me. If you lower the car too much, you can still use the stock jack to get things started. 1.8" or so isn't too low though.

Comment

Say, did I happen to mention I have a set of H&R Sport springs for sale? Nice springs, nice price.

That was for deever.

But seriously, I do have the springs for sale.
                Bart: What's your name?
                Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

I told him about em already. I believe he's thinking about it. Have you found out for sure if they'll work?

edit: They WILL work. I checked www.shox.com, and they have the H&R Sports listed as 90-97.

Comment

Um, deever, will I owe you a cut if I ever sell these things?
                    Bart: What's your name?
                    Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

I expect 80%

Nah, it's cool... If you know anyone who wants to buy the stuff in my sig though, feel free to spread the word!

Comment

Working...
                      X